• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionel's diary - Last entry

First time I've read this thread, and I am so sorry :(

Lionel really is a special little chap and it's so hard when you try everything, but can do nothing.

((hugs)) xx

So, so sorry to hear how quickly he's got very poorly :cry:

Sending mega-vibes that the diuretics will help him to feel better

Oh gosh, I am so sorry for you and oor Lionel. From everything that I have read about him, he seems such a special bunny. It also think that he has had a wonderfully happy life, he must know how much you love him.

My thoughts are with you and him and I hope that he still has many good days left to binky.

Angela

im so sorry.
there is nothing harder than watching the shadows gather over someone you love. thinking of you and Lionel today.

Oh no Katie I'm so sorry :cry:, I have only just seen this thread.

I'm rubbish with words but want you to know that Lionel and you are in my thoughts. Hope he is feeling a bit better this morning xx

Has the diuretic had any effect now Katie ?

Lionel remains in my thoughts

xx

Yes it has had an effect - a bad one :cry: :cry:

He barely ate last night after we had been to the vets and he looked dreadful to be honest, he never did the happy food dance this morning and didn't touch his pellets either :(
I have spoken to C and she has told me to give him another shot of steroid, i will have to go home a lunchtime to do this as OH can't do it on his own (he is at home with him)

Thank you to everyone for their thoughts xx

I'm so sorry. :cry::cry: I've been following the thread but never really know what to say as nothing I do say will help Lionel. I'm sorry to hear that Lionel is still feeling poorly this morning, and hopefully the second steroid shot will help him. xx

My very nice boss let me pop home to give him his injection (just got back to work) He actually fought me when i picked him up to give him the injection and wriggled for several minutes while i was trying to calm him, he refused any treats i offered him and OH said he hasn't eaten any pellets, i wish he hadn't had the diruetic yesterday :cry: :cry:

My very nice boss let me pop home to give him his injection (just got back to work) He actually fought me when i picked him up to give him the injection and wriggled for several minutes while i was trying to calm him, he refused any treats i offered him and OH said he hasn't eaten any pellets, i wish he hadn't had the diruetic yesterday :cry: :cry:

I think it is far more likely that it was the stress of a Vet trip rather than the diuretic. Of course my opinion is unqualified but I think it to be highly unlikely that one shot of diuretic would cause a drastic decline

I hope that the steroid will help him feel brighter

Back