• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionel's diary - Last entry

Took one of the fosters to the vets this evening and had a chat with C about Lionel.

I told her how he gets more out of breath after running around etc and asked if she thought i should keep him shut in his playpen, she said no because that will affect his quality of life.

He is so happy running around out and about and he rests when he needs to, she said it would be best for him if we carry on as normal but carry on with all the meds. She said it would be nice for him to go when he is happy and enjoying himself (although not nice for us), his heart will probably eventually give out under the strain.

It doesn't bear thinking about really but this would be the best thing for him unless he deteriorates further and is no longer enjoying life.

He is currently tormenting the cat, which he really seems to enjoy :lol: :lol:

i think shes right hun, it would kill me to cage Pearl just to keep her well for longer.. her breathing can be awful after shes had a good play.. but for those few seconds when she dont feel poorly it must be heaven for her.. and Lionel will only do what his body will allow anyhows... hes too special to lock away :love::love::love::love:

Lionel has been bright as a button today :love: :love:

The little tinker tried to follow Daddy up the stairs earlier :shock:

He is currently lying under the table resting, he is hoping there will be a big party tonight with lots of foods! :roll:

Lionel has been bright as a button today :love: :love:

The little tinker tried to follow Daddy up the stairs earlier :shock:

He is currently lying under the table resting, he is hoping there will be a big party tonight with lots of foods! :roll:

'Daddy' or Lionel !! :lol:

Little man is not great today :( He hasn't even ventured out of his pen, wish i knew what made some days 'bad'.

Little man is not great today :( He hasn't even ventured out of his pen, wish i knew what made some days 'bad'.

:cry::cry: Poor Lionel.

I find sometimes Alfie just has an 'off' day. Espeically if the day before was a good day, he wears himself out.

Sending loads of vibes that he improves during the afternoon.

:(:(:( loads of good day vibes heading your way xxxx

Pearls not good either, altho shes lying down again shes got her ears down :(

has to be the cold doing this hun, the room is 19 degrees but still feels chilly

Spoke to C this morning after the horrible noises Lionel was making yesterday so we went to the vets this eve.

I really didn't want to take him out as it is so cold, but i put his monkey cushion in his carrier along with Lolly, a heatpad and a blanket and off we went, OH siad to me this is not going to be good and well it wasn't :(

First off he has lost even more weight down to 580g even though he has been eating like a pig, he is skin and bones :(

She listened to his lungs and said they sounded terrible so much worse than before, she said she wouldn't be surprised if he only had 30% lung function left, maybe even 20%, he is now in end stage pnuemonia.

She said we are looking at weeks rather than months now :cry:

She gave him a shot of diruetic to see if it will help, she said i will see a difference tonight if it was going to make one and i have to call her in the morning.

He has not been happy at all since we got home he has got a right face on him and hasn't eaten his dinner so it looks like there is no improvement :cry:

She said he is a very brave bunny and still looks bright within himself, we will know when its time :(

So there we have it, i already knew this but my baby is dying and there is nothing anyone can do :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

oh hunny im so sorry.. ive had that youll know talk today too :cry::cry::cry::cry:

lots of love to you and your little man xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry hun. Its awful when there is nothing than can be done.

I hope his time left with you is happy for you both. Hugs. xxx

Back