• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionel's diary - Last entry

Lionel is not great today, i think he has also been reading up on super Timmys threads, he has forgotten he is a little bun with 3 legs and breathing problems :roll:

Maybe i shouldn't have brought him downstairs, it was all a bit too exciting for him. He tried to do a flying jump up on the sofa but its too high for him :( He has been exploring everywhere, but now he is sitting really out of breath :(

Lionel is not great today, i think he has also been reading up on super Timmys threads, he has forgotten he is a little bun with 3 legs and breathing problems :roll:

Maybe i shouldn't have brought him downstairs, it was all a bit too exciting for him. He tried to do a flying jump up on the sofa but its too high for him :( He has been exploring everywhere, but now he is sitting really out of breath :(

Hope he picks up.

Poor Lionel :cry:

He will take longer to recover from any exertion because of his reduced lung function.
I hope he will feel more comfortable after a rest.

xx

I really don't know what to do, do i keep him in his pen to keep his breathing steady or do i let him out for playing? He was soooo happy running around, its just afterwards :(
He has calmed down a lot now but i was in tears earlier, i feel so bad i don't know what to do :?

I really don't know what to do, do i keep him in his pen to keep his breathing steady or do i let him out for playing? He was soooo happy running around, its just afterwards :(
He has calmed down a lot now but i was in tears earlier, i feel so bad i don't know what to do :?

With Sarah as her respiratory problem worsened I had to restrict her to her enclosure as her recovery time from any real charging about became longer and longer putting a strain on her heart aswell as her lungs. She seemed perfectly contented to potter about her enclosure with Nomad.

How's Lionel doing :wave:

Thanks for asking :)

He is actually not great though, i thought i was loosing him on xmas day, i really did think the time had come as he lay down on his pillow drifting away eyes closing heavy breathing, i sat with him crying, then i said to OH i have to try the bisolvon now is the time. I cut open a raisin and put some powder in it which he ate, he had a rest for about an hour then he started to perk up.

I am giving him the bisolvon every day now praying that it is doing something. I will be calling vets first thing in the morn.

I have been letting them out, i cannot keep them locked up its not fair especially for Lolly. When i got up this morning she was digging the carpet desperate to get out so i let them out and he was full of beans this morning!

Even though i told him not to, he did another of those running flying jumps up onto the sofa, he made it this time and was so pleased with himself, lapping up and down, then doing full laps of the room :love: :love: :love:

On xmas day i was considering PTS and thinking i was keeping him going for my own selfish reasons but after this morning no way, he's not ready to go yet. I just brought fresh hay in and he is currently digging in it for the best bits :love: :love: :love:

Bless Lionel :love:

I know they may have different conditions, but the Bisolvon really helps Alfie. That is the only drug he has everyday now.

Hope Lionel continues to enjoy himself for a good while yet :D

Spoke to C this morning and explained what has happened over the last few days. She is happy for him to have another shot of steroid now even though the last one should have had a longer lasting effect.

She has said she is happy for him to have it weekly so long as it is doing something but we have to realise this can't go on forever and there is nothing else we can try for him :cry: :cry: She thinks realisticly he has a few months left :cry:

Took one of the fosters to the vets this evening and had a chat with C about Lionel.

I told her how he gets more out of breath after running around etc and asked if she thought i should keep him shut in his playpen, she said no because that will affect his quality of life.

He is so happy running around out and about and he rests when he needs to, she said it would be best for him if we carry on as normal but carry on with all the meds. She said it would be nice for him to go when he is happy and enjoying himself (although not nice for us), his heart will probably eventually give out under the strain.

It doesn't bear thinking about really but this would be the best thing for him unless he deteriorates further and is no longer enjoying life.

He is currently tormenting the cat, which he really seems to enjoy :lol: :lol:

aw my heart goes out to you, as long as hes happy within himself thats whats important, love the fact hes tormenting thecat :lol:

You are so very brave Katie...I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling :(

At least he is happy in himself and still making you smile :love:

Back