• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

jay is being neutered - u/d he's eating post 51

jay is home and doing well :)

we picked him up at 4pm and brought him back.

he is a bit quiet but seems ok.

have put him in the hutch and shut the door. feel awful because it's so small, but it's only for a night and i don't want him to hurt himself!

cleaned it out entirely so i will be able to monitor for poo to make sure he's going.

he hasn't eaten or pooed since the op (although can't check for poos at the minute, don't want to disturb too much) so i have counted 20 pellets in to make sure i know for sure if he has eaten any.
his mummy bought him some burgess herby treat things from the vets, put it in and he showed interest in sniffing it, but hasn't eaten any.

am leaving him quiet and settled for a while, then will check periodically to see if i can catch him eating.

one thing. they didn't give us any metacam for him :s im a bit bothered about that. i did ask them about it and she said that he has had an injection that will do him. i said about any to bring home and she said the injection will do him :?

i have given him a snuggle safe to tuck into and plenty of hay. so hope that will ease any discomfort a little

jay is home and doing well :)

we picked him up at 4pm and brought him back.

he is a bit quiet but seems ok.

have put him in the hutch and shut the door. feel awful because it's so small, but it's only for a night and i don't want him to hurt himself!

cleaned it out entirely so i will be able to monitor for poo to make sure he's going.

he hasn't eaten or pooed since the op (although can't check for poos at the minute, don't want to disturb too much) so i have counted 20 pellets in to make sure i know for sure if he has eaten any.
his mummy bought him some burgess herby treat things from the vets, put it in and he showed interest in sniffing it, but hasn't eaten any.

am leaving him quiet and settled for a while, then will check periodically to see if i can catch him eating.

one thing. they didn't give us any metacam for him :s im a bit bothered about that. i did ask them about it and she said that he has had an injection that will do him. i said about any to bring home and she said the injection will do him :?

i have given him a snuggle safe to tuck into and plenty of hay. so hope that will ease any discomfort a little

My vets here flat out refuse to let a rabbit out of their care until it has eaten and poo'd, as they can go downhill fast, as you know.

Please keep a very close eye on him, and if I were you, I wouldn't take Snowball to that vets if they let Jay out like that.

Bunsk was kept in and was given pain relief during the night to encourage him to eat, but they didnt send me home with any after as he was fine.

My boys only had pain relief in the vets and didn't have anything to come home with. It's not so invasive and nasty as a spay.

Mine just slept it of for a few hours and then they were back to their horse like selves :)

xx

My vets here flat out refuse to let a rabbit out of their care until it has eaten and poo'd, as they can go downhill fast, as you know.

Please keep a very close eye on him, and if I were you, I wouldn't take Snowball to that vets if they let Jay out like that.

Bunsk was kept in and was given pain relief during the night to encourage him to eat, but they didnt send me home with any after as he was fine.

thanks for the info hun, i will keep an eye on him :) from what i've researched though, it is normal for bunnys not to eat until that evening.
will keep an eye on him and make sure he eats. last thing i want is for him to go into stasis!

i am a bit worried about the lack of pain relief though, people on here have said before that even male buns should have metacam for when they come home

edited to say - i used the willows. they were reccomended on here as a rabbit savvy vet :)

Last edited:
My boys only had pain relief in the vets and didn't have anything to come home with. It's not so invasive and nasty as a spay.

Mine just slept it of for a few hours and then they were back to their horse like selves :)

xx

cheers :)
im not sure, a lot of people on here said that even male bunnys need pain relief, so it does concern me.

im probably worrying over nothing - he doesn't seem to be in pain or anything, so i don't know lol

thanks for the info hun, i will keep an eye on him :) from what i've researched though, it is normal for bunnys not to eat until that evening.
will keep an eye on him and make sure he eats. last thing i want is for him to go into stasis!

i am a bit worried about the lack of pain relief though, people on here have said before that even male buns should have metacam for when they come home

edited to say - i used the willows. they were reccomended on here as a rabbit savvy vet :)

If he eats then he won't be in pain.
I guesd I'm biased to my vet lol, they made sure he was 100% and didn't charge for keeping him in! I really would recommend them if you wanted to take snowball x

If he eats then he won't be in pain.
I guesd I'm biased to my vet lol, they made sure he was 100% and didn't charge for keeping him in! I really would recommend them if you wanted to take snowball x

they sound great hun.
where abouts are they?
must admit, i did say to missfloppyears on the way home that i didn't want to take snowball to be neutered at the willows. not that they did anything wrong, they haven't at all, just worried about jay i guess.
even though he is absolutely fine, im still worried lol x

they sound great hun.
where abouts are they?
must admit, i did say to missfloppyears on the way home that i didn't want to take snowball to be neutered at the willows. not that they did anything wrong, they haven't at all, just worried about jay i guess.
even though he is absolutely fine, im still worried lol x

It is Nantwich Vet Hospital, I know its far but I could give you a lift :wave:

i was iffy bout nantwich id only heard a few good things so decided to go willows (there about the same difference away..)

think ruby will go nantwich though just because its more intrusive....
although to be fair they seemed good enough just few things didnt seem good enough for me or steph:lol:
i know hes in good hands now though so i wont complain:lol:

i was iffy bout nantwich id only heard a few good things so decided to go willows (there about the same difference away..)

think ruby will go nantwich though just because its more intrusive....
although to be fair they seemed good enough just few things didnt seem good enough for me or steph:lol:
i know hes in good hands now though so i wont complain:lol:

I have utterly no complaints about Nantwich for the neuter. They kept me updated, and as I said, refused to let him home until they knew he was 100%, free of charge too!

aw thank you :) that's lovely of you :D
nantwich vet hospital sounds lots better.

like chrissy said, the willows didn't do anything wrong as such, but there were definitely a couple of things that neither of us was happy about!
overprotective mummy and foster mummy :lol:

like chrissy said, the willows didn't do anything wrong as such, but there were definitely a couple of things that neither of us was happy about!

hows jay now?
going to go home in a min so getting lotsa pics for jay you and chul of the babies

hows jay now?
going to go home in a min so getting lotsa pics for jay you and chul of the babies

he's doing ok :)
still a little quiet, so have left him in peace in the hutch. gonna see how he is in a couple of hours and then let him come out and free range again :)

can't believe it, he ignored the snuggle safe entirely, hasn't been near it once lol

awww baby pictures :love:

got a few up in the pics on rubys thread on page 2 from this morning <3

glad hes ok should have known my snotty ruggamuffin wouldnt touch it:roll:

No worries, let me know if you need me :wave:

Back