• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

jay is being neutered - u/d he's eating post 51

thanks everyone :)

yes hun. he was originally only staying until his neuter, but because he is an outdoor bun and is living inside while he's with me (only have a 3 foot hutch spare and no run, se he has the hutch as a base and free-range of the hall) we decided that it would be silly to send him home before his op.

he's staying here until he's well again and all back to normal and then he can be transitioned to live back outside again.

thanks everyone :)

yes hun. he was originally only staying until his neuter, but because he is an outdoor bun and is living inside while he's with me (only have a 3 foot hutch spare and no run, se he has the hutch as a base and free-range of the hall) we decided that it would be silly to send him home before his op.

he's staying here until he's well again and all back to normal and then he can be transitioned to live back outside again.

Thats so lovely of you.

I guessed he might, with missfloppyears bunny babies and mum.

Would he have had his op by now ? Hope it went well. xx

Thats so lovely of you.

I guessed he might, with missfloppyears bunny babies and mum.

Would he have had his op by now ? Hope it went well. xx

aw it isn't really, i like to help people lol, but thanks lol.

yeah he will have had the op by now.
got another half hour before i can ring and find out how he is :) x

Keeping up vibes here. Spenser will probably be getting done soon and I'm very nervous about it.

thanks hun.
i'm sure he will be absolutely fine - you know that i have the same issues with the ga as you do.
i can keep this thread updated on how jay does with recovery and how snowball does when he is done if you think that would be useful to read? :)

thanks hun.
i'm sure he will be absolutely fine - you know that i have the same issues with the ga as you do.
i can keep this thread updated on how jay does with recovery and how snowball does when he is done if you think that would be useful to read? :)

I would really appreciate that. :) Like Jay, Spenser is an outdoor bun, but I have bought a large dog crate so that he can be indoors overnight after his op and longer if necessary. I'm thinking about booking him in for the end of this month - it's still pretty cold here, we had a heavy frost this morning. :shock:

I would really appreciate that. :) Like Jay, Spenser is an outdoor bun, but I have bought a large dog crate so that he can be indoors overnight after his op and longer if necessary. I'm thinking about booking him in for the end of this month - it's still pretty cold here, we had a heavy frost this morning. :shock:

i shall keep you updated :)

aw im sure he will like being inside with you after his op :)
hope that you start feeling ok about it soon.
has taken me a long time to get used to the idea of snowball going in for his!

wow, that is cold! we haven't had frost here for a while :)

i am allowed to ring the vets to check on jay at 2pm. think since it's 2pm on the dot i should probably wait 15 minutes or so though :lol:

i shall keep you updated :)

aw im sure he will like being inside with you after his op :)
hope that you start feeling ok about it soon.
has taken me a long time to get used to the idea of snowball going in for his!

wow, that is cold! we haven't had frost here for a while :)

i am allowed to ring the vets to check on jay at 2pm. think since it's 2pm on the dot i should probably wait 15 minutes or so though :lol:

Ring now!! I rang half an hour early for Bunsk :oops: :lol::lol:

pahahahahaha.

they said he has come round amazingly well, especially for a rabbit and that he has been bouncing around the cage like nothing is wrong LOL.

YAY!!!!! Did they say if he had eaten/pooped?

no, they didn't say. but they said he can be picked up at 4pm, so i assume he has :)
(they are a rabbit savvy vet, so they wouldn't send him if he hadn't)
will confirm to make sure when we pick him up :)

Yay, hurrah for Jay! :D So you'll be collecting him late afternoon then?

shall indeed :)
missfloppyears is going to come and pick me up to collect him (wish i had insisted i paid this morning - missfloppyears dropped off the money to me the other day- rather than waiting to pick him up, it's a bit of a hassle for her to come to mine, go down, pay and then come back lol)

Back