• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jake in for a dental

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Dropped Jake off this morning for a dental. He went off pellets then Fibasticks and I'm seeing more hay left over despite seeing him still eat it obviously not as much as last night his poo's were also smaller but still golden. Jake was a good boy having his mouth looked at on admit and his health check, the vet said what a lovely rabbit. Hopefully he'll be back with us soon.

Thank you. I don't think I'll hear anything until later as it's a busy practice and pick ups are normally late.

Thank you. I just called and he's not been done yet as they had 2 big emergency ops. Can't be helped, luckily Jake isn't the sort to get stressed easily, he was munching hay when I left him.

Sounds as though the Vet Practice has had a day like my Vet’s Practice . Topping up the vibes for Jake x

Yeah, it's frustrating as the owner spends all day worrying to then find out they've not been done, but of course emergencies take priority and you don't know when they're going to happen! Would've liked to be updated before now but time flies when emergencies are happening one after the other.

Aw, I hope he doesn't mind the wait much, though that'll help that he doesn't get stressed easily. I hope they can do his dental soon so he can come back home. :love:

Thank you. We've just got home and he's eating herbs :love:
5fa7439f266cc99f95a9cd2e77df765a.jpg

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Aw, hi Jake, sounds like you've had a long day. :love: That's so good that he's already eating. I'm glad he's home now. :love: It kind of looks like a has a white bunny on his head.

Back