• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've just lost Cassius.

:cry: there are no words..i am only able to say im sooo sorry to hear youve lost such a special little guy...hugs to you..and to lexie who only just got her husbun hugs too..she must be upset too..bless her for sitting with him till the end....

can you not get to the emrgency vet and i hate to say this..get his body frozen ready for a necropsy tueday onward or does it become damaged results after being frozen?
i dont mean to be insensitive hun..i just wish id thought of that when oscar died and getting one done for woozle..but i was at the pdsa then and the vets who did his vaccs neutering etc were very unsympathetic....
So i just took his body on a bank holiday to be storeds until cremation....

this is such a terrible thing to have happen..if it was toxic input surely lexie would have eating etc it too?
heart probs.....brain haemmorrage....could have been anything.
It waas just his time..he had a taste of love to last him on his journey to the bridge. xxx

Sooz, my heart jumped into my mouth when I read the thread title. I am so, so sorry for the loss of such a beautiful boy. It's just not fair :( x

Thanks guys, I had to work tonight....I got an informal warning for being late when Mav died 10 days ago so there was no way I could stay home this time.

Phil has started tidying his stuff away for me.

We have had to freeze Cassius's body as we have all our buns cremated and cannot get him to the vets until Tuesday however freezing will corrupt some of the PM results so I dont feel it is worth persuing further.

Had his behaviour indicated something more sinister such as an infection then I would have attempted a PM anyway but we just cant come up with anything other than a horrible coincidence.

Back