• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm Gutted *UPDATE* Very Happy

Oh Kay - so sorry to hear this. You've done so much for the wee man I'm sure he is grateful to you for all your love.

Sleep tight Shaky

xxxx

I'm so sorry Kay :cry: :cry:

I am desperatly hoping not to have to make that decision about Mr Dandelion. He has an abcess on his face tracking down towards his neck and another below his ear on the opposite side :cry: :cry: :cry:

At the moment he is lively and eating so I am trying meds but I realsie there isn't much hope really :cry: :cry: :cry: It is so hard :cry: :cry: :cry: At least Shakey got a partner and had a chance at a good life for a while. Poor old Dandelion only has his pink bunny :? (Which he humps like a demented thing every time he sets eyes on my fluffy jumper :oops: :oops: ) I so wish he could carry on until he could find true bunny love.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your thoughts. Why do some hit alot harder than others? He isn't eating anywhere near tonight to what he normally does so have made all his favourites up and softened them so he can easily swallow them if he wants them, His partner Millie thinks its great with all these lovely treats, but won't touch any until he as tried them :(

Awww hugs to you all and esp Millie shes gonna need lots of cuddles from you and hope it is peaceful for Shaky :cry: :cry:

Shaky as started eating again :D do I let him have till Friday with Millie.
I can't believe I am dithering over this decision as normally I make a decision and go with it. But I am finding it really hard this time. I think I will ring Caroline (my Vet)

awful decision to make . im sure youl make the right one .

not sure what id do in your place . :( sorry not much help am i .

Angie

if he's eating then perhaps his will to live is still quite strong and he would enjoy some more time with Millie.

Difficult decision :(

Re: I'm Gutted

kayj said:
Shaky one of my buns will have to be pts tomorrow as he as an abcess under his chin and along the jaw and it as already grown and spread to towards his throat. :cry: :cry: I only bonded him about 4 months ago with a rescue that came in and they are so loved up and so happy,

Gutted for you hun :( I truely am :( :cry:

This is exactly the same absess as my Zeubin got, and he too had to be pts :cry:

Heartbreaking :( Sending you loads of hugs, and snuggles for poor little bun :( Be brave :(

xxx

I have decided to leave him till Friday, I have stronger painkillers if I need to use them but if he goes downhill in the meantime then I will take him straight away. At least he gets a bit longer with Millie

Kay - have you tried him on Penecillin injections? One of my resident bunnies has in the past has had 3 jaw abcesses (2 of which were in the bone) and 3 abcesses under molars and each time Duphapen has sorted them out. I know instantly when he is starting to get a problem again as he starts to go off his food but a course of Duphapen always sorts it out ;)

Back