• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did it! Honeybunny's Half Marathon

I agree, really well done to you :D :D :D

I am also a non runner-for-the-bus type person so I really admire what you achieved!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi Flick:wave:
Sorry I missed this for the last couple of days as been away in wet Wales.

WEll done!!!:D like others have said I'd have needed a bus, so you having to walk now and then due to heat is nothing!

..and so far I've received £40..:D
Thank you for doing it on behalf of Honeybunnies and a huge pat on the back for finding another race after you were too poorly for the first one.

Hi Jill,

I've not been on the forum much recently either as been away in rainy Scotland!

£40, that's great, I've only had 7 guessed times, so I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Just packaging up the bunny treats ready to be sent on their way!

Hi hunnybunny2007,

The last 3 miles yesterday were a real effort - I could have quite happily stopped and sat down, but I wouldn't have got going again!

Knees struggling a bit with stairs and getting up and down, but otherwise not bad, and amazingly no blisters! I've had blisters for much shorter runs before.

I even managed half an hours swim this morning :oops: Thought it would be good to loosen up without any impact as it's usually 2 days after I feels the worst! Will have to see how I go tomorrow!

Floss, Fliss, Tim and Bournville..

Say Thanks for the fab goodies!! What a tremendous prize!!!!! Just like Christmas..:lol::lol:

Well done Flick! Sorry, I'd forgotton it was last weekend - not been on the forum for a couple of weeks. What was your time then? Any plans to do anymore?!

Rich

Hi Capel, glad to hear they arrived ok and that the bunnies like them :D

And my 'In the long run' book arrived this week, so I'll be reading that soon

Thanks Rich & Doncat5!

Rich, I did it in 2 hours 25 min 18 seconds, under 2 and a half so I was pleased with than... went well until the last 3 miles and then it was quite an effort... probably due to not doing enough longer runs or any runs over 8.5 miles in training :oops: I know I should have done but didn't get around to it. Pleased I did ok until about 10 miles and at a good pace for me considering the heat... also meant I could walk/run for the last three miles and still finish in under 2 and a half :roll:;)

Just need to get up to doing those last 3 miles at the same pace for the next one now... Great North in October

Back