• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did it! Honeybunny's Half Marathon

i am about to do Race for Life in June, so would like to sponser your run. I think you will do it in 3 hours, where shall i send the cheque? :wave:

That's great thanks! :D Although you need to alter your guess slightly as someone has already gone for 3 hours exactly....

Please PM Honeybunny (has posted earlier in the thread) for details of where to send your cheque so the money can go directly to the rescue.

Good luck for your run too!!!

Last edited:
Really Sorry - Due To Having A Sickness Bug Since Wednesday And Not Being Able To Eat Much For Several Days I'm Going To Have To Postpone The Run. I'm Really Disappointed As Have Been Looking Forward To The Run For Sometime But I'm Still Not Completely Well And I've Not Got Much Energy. I Will Look For A Another Half-marathon Coming Up That I Can Do When I Am Recovered And Let You Know The Date That Will Be For The Competition.

Hope That Is Ok With Everyone...

Flick :(

Oh no! I went down with something like that in Feburary - definately make sure you don't rush back into the running too soon. I've always been paranoid about going down with something just before a race - really sorry that you've been unlucky this time. I'm sure there's plenty of other half-marathons coming up - just make sure you're completely better first.

Get well soon
Rich

Thanks, Jill

Just thought I'd post the times people have already guessed in case we have a few more guesses now there is a bit more time!

3 hours 11 minutes
2 hours 5 minutes
3 hours
2 hours 20 minutes
2 hours 21 minutes
2 hours 35 minutes

Thanks everyone :wave:

I spent yesterday looking for another run to do (to cheer myself up), and have decided to go the Birmingham and Black Country Half on 5th July - it's fairly near, I am around that day and - taking note of advise (!) - it gives me a few weeks to get back into the running again ;)

I've sent the registration form off today :D

It's slightly different from the Hinckley one as it follows the canal from Wolverhampton to Birmingham, it's flat - along the tow paths, and runners have a staggered start as the tow paths are quite narrow - should be interesting!

If anyone want to change their guesses in light of this one being flat (Hinckley was undulating), please let me know.

If anyone is in Birmingham on 5th July and wants to greet me at the finish let me know ;)

If anyone else wants to have a guess at the time I'll run it in, you now have a few more weeks to save up!

And remember they'll be a lovely prize for the winner!!! ;)

Last edited:
Only 1 months to go!

I did an 8 mile race on Sunday and got around that ok - phew

Just need to do another 5 miles on top of that for the next one :shock:

If you managed the 8 miles then try to fit in a 10 miler (not a race..just go out for a nice jog) around the middle of June. If you can do 10 miles then the extra 3 and a bit will be no problem. I used to do 10K or half marathons( actually managed 2 marathons..one of which was cross country and involved climbing over styles!!), and only ever did 10 miles in a non-race situation. The best way to tackle that first 10 miler is to get someone to drop you 10 miles from home and you run back! I always found that psychologically it seemed less daunting as every step was a step nearer the finish whereas when you set off from home there's the feeling that you've got to go out and run 10 miles whereas running home seems different somehow..or may that's ust me!!:lol: Heck that sounds as though I was a runner...no..just a jogger, as I'm built for comfort, not speed!! You'll have a great time and the sense of achievement is such a rush!! Do I send the money straight to Jill? I reckon you'll do it in around 2h20, but I see that's already taken so I'll give you an extra 2 minutes to get round:lol: So..my guess is 2:22.

If you managed the 8 miles then try to fit in a 10 miler (not a race..just go out for a nice jog) around the middle of June. If you can do 10 miles then the extra 3 and a bit will be no problem. I used to do 10K or half marathons( actually managed 2 marathons..one of which was cross country and involved climbing over styles!!), and only ever did 10 miles in a non-race situation. The best way to tackle that first 10 miler is to get someone to drop you 10 miles from home and you run back! I always found that psychologically it seemed less daunting as every step was a step nearer the finish whereas when you set off from home there's the feeling that you've got to go out and run 10 miles whereas running home seems different somehow..or may that's ust me!!:lol: Heck that sounds as though I was a runner...no..just a jogger, as I'm built for comfort, not speed!! You'll have a great time and the sense of achievement is such a rush!! Do I send the money straight to Jill? I reckon you'll do it in around 2h20, but I see that's already taken so I'll give you an extra 2 minutes to get round:lol: So..my guess is 2:22.

Thanks Capel! :wave::D Yes just send your money to Jill. Yes I like that idea of being dropped off 10 miles away and running back, otherwise its always tempting to run back a bit sooner...:oops: the longest loop I have found to do is 8.5 miles and I'm not sure which way to go to extend it to 10. I'm glad I managed to run the 8 in a race though, as now I know I can run 8, rather than leisurely run/walk the hills :oops::lol: on the 8.5 route I've done. The race had quite a lot of uphill too!

Hi Flick. I've got the funniest book I'd be happy to lend you. It's called "In The Long Run" by Rob Burn. It an account of an ordinary jogger who decided to dust off his old forgotten trainers and do the New York Marathon. The book is a chronicle of his training efforts and is hilarious. I was laughing out loud practically all the way through. There are parts of it that any would-be jogger runner will identify with..ie thinking to yourself a third of the way through a race "how can I get out of this and still save face"!! I bought 3 copies and even gave one to my mum who wasn't a runner but she loved it so much that she passed it on to one of her friends. Let me know if you'd like to borrow it.
Hilda

Hi Hilda, sounds like a great book! thanks for the offer of letting me borrow it, that would be lovely! Although perhaps it would be better value for me to buy it than we post it? Will have a look for it and see how much it is...

The day is almost here...

I am doing my first half-marathon tomorrow!!! :shock:

Hope I get round ok!!!

Jill - I have some sponsor money from friends and family to send over to you

Good luck everybody with your guesses for the time!

I'll have to get those bunny gifts packaged up ready to send :D;)

Thank you Hunnybunny2007 :wave:

Just packing up my jelly babies to help keep me going on the way round!

HURRAY - I made it around!!! :D

Just waiting to find out my official time now... we had timing chips and were set off in waves as the canal path is narrow. Had my garmin on but I think it was a bit confused by the tunnels so waiting for the offical results before announcing the winner!

It was quite hot for running, but I was in good time for the first 10 miles, then it was a bit of a struggle for the last 3 miles and I had to walk here and there :oops:

Some more long run training before the next one I think :roll:

Just glad I got around, and waiting to see if I did it within the time I was hoping for too now - fingers crossed!

Back