• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How intelligent are bunnies??

Buns are never given credit for how intelligent they are.

I agree totally. I admit that I was once under the same misconception as much of the world. Problem was that I didn't expect intelligence, so it took me too long to notice it! :oops:

One of my rabbits will wait by the gate of their enclosure when he hears me. As i open the gate he will run out of it and head for the nearest pot of plants. He will then eat as much as he can and run back in again before i can get to him !!

A bit like that Shopping programme with Dale Winton that used to be on...the one where they get so many minutes to grab whatever before the time runs out.....:lol::oops::roll::shock:

I think they are surprisingly bright, mine has brilliant recall of where things are from last time he saw them. He can work out how to open things, like the playhouse gate to go back in. He knows his name and when he has been naughty....as just a few examples. However, I think they are just like people, they get 'brighter' with more life experiences and education....so a well stimulated rabbit with lots of opportunities for exercises and exploring etc. can do more 'intellectually' than a rabbit who spends stacks of time just sat in a hutch.

Back