• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay and straw warning.

Do you think it could breathe in there?

I've done it for the past year and the hay stays in tip top condition. It doesn't go mouldy or anything as you will be opening it on a daily basis to grab a handful, so it gets to air. A bale lasts me 3 to 4 months and it's as fresh at the end of that time as it is at the beginning.

I have my 2 bale sitting in the dinning room clothing door. I open it once a day to grab new hay.

onebaleofhay016it.jpg

Wow - that's really green hay! It looks really nice.

Is it hay when it's that green? :?

Not meaning to sound stupid, but I was under the impression it doesnt become 'hay' until it's turned from green to the golden type colour...

ours are £4 a bale and we pay for £30 a time and the farmer stores them for us and we just go down to the farm whenever we need it :D

ours are £4 a bale and we pay for £30 a time and the farmer stores them for us and we just go down to the farm whenever we need it :D

so you buy 7 and a half at a time? :?

I just realised you maybe meant you pay for 30 bales, not you pay £30. Sorry :lol:

I paid £4.80 for a bale of hay at the week-end, and it is beautiful hay! Bunnies love it.

I break up a bale into 4 to 5 bin bags and store them left open in the loft. I use roughly one bale in a month.

Vera

Back