• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I found some decent hay

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
I got some decent hay today. I went to a farm and asked them if they sell hay, although I had already ordered some online I wanted my bunnies eating good hay asap rather than feeding them little bits of Micky Mouse petshop hay to tie them over while I wait for my order, besides you can never have too much hay and I'll ditch the petshop hay because its not very good and the rabbits will waste half of it.

They ate every scrap of the handful of farm hay I fed to them today so I've given them more.

The hay I bought from the farm seems to be pretty decent. It even looks better and my rabbits enjoy this hay way more. So my rabbits can eat decently now I may use this farm often to buy my hay as its cheaper at 10 pounds a bale and the bales are nice big farm bales.

The hay crisis is over and no more petshop hay. :D

Last edited:
Well done :thumb: I'm pleased you've found some good hay. It's lovely to watch bunnies really enjoying eating hay :love:

Brilliant. You can use up the pet shop hay in the litter trays and put the better hay in feeders - there are all sorts of things you can use (old style magazine racks, mangers, hanging baskets, etc) to make it accessible but with less wastage.

Bales can be stored in an old duvet cover so they can still breathe but don't shed bits everywhere.

Well done. Its so satifying having a good hay source & local baled hay, so long as they love it like your do, is the dream

My Rabbits all favour the big bales of hay I buy from a farm over any other type of hay. Fine by me as the Farm bought hay is MUCH cheaper !

Back