• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Gotcha Day Primrose!!

I can't believe it's been a year already, so crazy, the time has flown by but I've had Primrose for a whole year now! :love:

974CEE98-EA4A-4AA2-A3C9-7DD417E93CC8_zps5oev0ygo.jpg

A year ago today my parents drove me back to University in Leicester but before they went back home to Yorkshire we met up with Jill and adopted our first rescue rabbit, our Honey Bunny, Primrose, previously known as Catelyn! :D We adopted her as a friend for Hector after he sadly lost his partner Poppy on Christmas Day.

Primrose came home and my mum bonded her with Hector. They had a happy few weeks together until his tragic loss at the end of January. :(

I didn't want Primrose to be alone so not long after this sad loss, we adopted our second and third honey bunnies, Reuben and Velvet, previously known as Jamie and Rosie. They lived as a trio up until December when we lost Velvet. :(

Primrose now lives in a pair with Reuben and is very happy. :) It is sad that she lost 2 friends in the year she was with us but thankfully the losses haven't effected her very much.

I have had a lovely year with Primrose, I'm so so grateful to Jill and everyone at Honey Bunnies Rescue who saved her from a terrible life. She was being kept in awful conditions with a big litter of babies and due to her sad past she never liked to be handled much. She has improved so much though, she absolutely loves a head rub and is now so good and doesn't mind being picked up to be carried to the run on the grass outside. She has come so far, is so friendly, such a madam but we all love her to bits. I dread to think what would have happened to her had she not been rescued. :( Having her in my life and seeing how lovely she is despite what she's been through just inspires me to always adopt, I don't think I would ever buy a pet again now. She is a beautiful rabbit and I'm so thankful to have her in my life. :love:

:love: absolutely stunning, beautiful moult lines . That photo round the feeding bowl...Velvets little mouth

I'm glad you've enjoyed a year in your forever home Primrose, happy gotcha day indeed

Funny question but do you do youtube videos with your bunnies? I watch someone who seems to have exactly the same buns as you and a very similar setup :D

Nice one. Just subscribed to your channel. I remember your trio bonding video being enjoyed on here when you first made it. Primrose is lovely. She looks so happy with Reuben.

They are honestly some of the most stunning photo's of rabbits I have ever seen, you have a gift when it comes to photography! I'm glad Primrose found a forever home, all the bunnies were/are beautiful :)

Back