• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hand rearing baby wildie-advice please x..V sad update...please can you shed light?

The same thing happened to 3 of my hand reared wildies last year it's horrible to see however my 2 that remained went safely back to the wild which was some consolation. They are the most difficult animals to handrear. So sorry for your loss

hand rearing baby wildie...advice please x..Vsad update..please can you shed light?

I feel so sorry for you (RIP little wildie) a couple of years ago i tried to hand rear a new born wild rat:cry:(my neighbour found a ltter in her shed and as she is terrified of them she asked me to look) only one little soul was left as the others had been eaten by another adult rat:shock:I took little humphrey in and tried to hand rear him:)he did really well and i began to think of the time when he would be able to be released back into the wild:)then just after feeding him one morning i found him dead:shock::cry:i was totally devistated as you must be:cry:not sure why he had to go but i was so upset:cry:I so know how sad you must be feeling now:cry:

Back