• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grumpy Moulting Bunny

Hello everyone,
Little Aesop is having a big end of summer moult at the moment and it seems to have 'got stuck', its got to the back of his tail and his belly, he has got very grumpy due to this I think and is refusing to eat anything but Kale and peas (Which I have to pod for him :roll: ) and sits under the couch sulking.
He won't let me groom him and as soon as I try he jumps, flicks his heels and makes a mad dash for his house.
Are there any grooming tricks for his tummy or any way to cheer him up or encourage him to eat a broader diet?
Am a bit stuck, have tried giving him lots of his old favourites but he's not interested...

I would say a trip to the vet I'm afraid.

Yes they can find it hard to moult, but going off of foods is a sign it could be more serious. He may need a dental or something.

Best of luck and let us know how he gets on.

Oh and if he gets the all clear from vet, I always, very very lightly, pluck the loose fur out with my fingers. If you do it while feeding them, they just hop off when they've had enough or if you touch a sensitive bit. But you absolutely have to do it on their terms, no restraining or anything!

Okay, I will try and check him in. He is still eating the usual amount of pellets, in fact he seems to be wanting more of these than usual, he's also eating hay and drinking plenty of water, he just seems to have gone off his veggies and seems... hmm... quieter?

I've also done the usual checks that I do, his claws are fine and his ears seem okay, his eyes are clear and I haven't found any lumps any where. His bottom/tail are clean and his front teeth seem the usual length.

Back