• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass seed and buns q

Graciee

Staff member
Can I buy anything I want? Or is there limitations coz something could be toxic?

Want Willoughby to be able to eat and be on it once established so it's important it's safe for him!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I would just make sure that it's not been coated / treated. It may be obvious if the seed is a strange colour, but it may need you to scan the small print. Some garden supply places / nurseries will sell it loose and may be able to advise. Otherwise, keep them off it until it is well established. Don't forget that dogs can eat a fair bit of grass as well, so he needs to be kept away from newly sown grass seeds as well.

I would just make sure that it's not been coated / treated. It may be obvious if the seed is a strange colour, but it may need you to scan the small print. Some garden supply places / nurseries will sell it loose and may be able to advise. Otherwise, keep them off it until it is well established. Don't forget that dogs can eat a fair bit of grass as well, so he needs to be kept away from newly sown grass seeds as well.
Sprogs & Dogs Ultra Hardwearing Grass Seed by Lawn UK - Ultimate Grass Seed for Family lawns, Super Durable, Tough Lawn Seed Mixture - Fast Growing (10kg) https://amzn.eu/d/h8uQue0

I was looking at this one online and it says

- Natural seed without any chemicals

Do you think that will be okay? A lot of them seem coated but this one says that, but Idk if that means not coated..

Oh yea ima fence it off, gunna do half then the other half [emoji38] Freddie is rather annoying in that he tries to eat the strangest stuff [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I have bought seeds from Amazon before. Will see if I can find which. The ones wilko sell loose aren’t coated as you can see they look just like normal seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the loose grass seed from Wilko before.

The Sprogs & Dogs branded ones seem to be uncoated. I assume it's mainly ryegrass - it doesn't say what mix of grasses are in it.

I've had the loose grass seed from Wilko before.

The Sprogs & Dogs branded ones seem to be uncoated. I assume it's mainly ryegrass - it doesn't say what mix of grasses are in it.

I think this refers to the Sprogs one on the Amazon link: 'Combines ryegrasses, fescues and bentgrass'.

Back