• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant Bunny in Pets at Home!

perhaps p@h are getting them from reputable breeders, hence why they're so expensive. If they're paying £50/60 to get them from a breeder.

I also thought that they were asking such a high price for them as they would be neutered?:?
But my nearest P&H also has them & are selling them as babies:? What`s going on?

Also, they say they`re giving advice on how big they grow & what size accomodation they need but they don`t sell anything suitable, I:E: A playhouse or shed.

Su.x

There's one in my local P@H. It was huge and also a REW so seeing as normal REW buns don't seem to be very popular with people i doubt a giant REW would be either. He was in a huge enclosure, hay, bowl of veg and decent amount of food but he still looke rather unhappy unless it was just me. Makes me sad thinking about if he wil get a good knowledgable home or one at all being such an unpopular breed. :cry: My mam was right though today when she said you can't give a good home to every sad looking or not well cared for animal i see though i wish i could :(

Our local pets @ home's largest rabbit is an agouti frenchie he's 14 weeks old and the staff are very proud of him. I went in to see what all the fuss was about and although he seemed very happy and there was information about large breeds on the cage the bit that made me smile was 'this rabbit is too large to go home in a cardboard carrier but we'll give you £10 of a large plastic one if bought at the same time as the rabbit'.

As the bloke stood behind me saying what do you think to my little rabbit i just said well I have two adults at home. With that he walked away. I must admit as we left the shop I did say in a very loud voice you can get frenchies from rescues neutered and vaccinated for around £40. :lol: :lol: Hope pleanty heard me and I am thinking of taking mine in on a harness so people can see how big they grow.

I also thought that they were asking such a high price for them as they would be neutered?:?
But my nearest P&H also has them & are selling them as babies:? What`s going on?

Also, they say they`re giving advice on how big they grow & what size accomodation they need but they don`t sell anything suitable, I:E: A playhouse or shed.

Su.x

Our P@H have yet to start selling giant bunnies however they do have a giant hutch for sale in the foyer which was 8 x 3 x 3 I think for £149 so I guess the giants are coming soon :(

Back