• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fred Has Deteriorated Again-U/D 16th March - :-(

A few more mth. could ends up being a lot more. Goofball has 3 separate vet told me she has 2 - 6 mth. left. So by Nov. 12, the 6 mth. deadline would have arrive. But she's happy and eating a lot w/ gain in diet in the recent mth.

Sending lots of healthy healing vibes to Fred

Am so glad Fred is still with you - what a handsome man.

Sending lots of vibes. Hoping the steroid soon takes effect.

Vanessa xx

How is Fred this afternoon Jane?
Sallyx

Fred is feeling MUCH better thank you :D
The steroid kicked in almost straight away and he is now eating again, he is no longer stressed and anxious, his pain has gone and just now he did a 'naughty Bunny tail wiggle' :lol:

I know that the dramatic improvement is not because he is cured, but as long as he 'feels' well then thats all that matters

I am thinking of asking for a shot of steroid myself!! :rolleyes:

Janex :wave:

Fred is feeling MUCH better thank you :D
The steroid kicked in almost straight away and he is now eating again, he is no longer stressed and anxious, his pain has gone and just now he did a 'naughty Bunny tail wiggle' :lol:

I know that the dramatic improvement is not because he is cured, but as long as he 'feels' well then thats all that matters

I am thinking of asking for a shot of steroid myself!! :rolleyes:

Janex :wave:

awww im so pleased he is feeling better, I have been thinking about him all day.
Sallyx

Fred seems to be disappearing before my eyes :cry: As you can see the weight is dropping off him at an alarming rate :cry:

From this

Picture685.jpg

to this

Picture2030.jpg

....in just a few days :cry:

But at least Fred is 'feeling' much better due to the long acting steroid.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh Cancer is a bloody evil disease :evil: :cry: And Fred is only about 3 :cry: Yet another Rex with an early onset life-limiting disease :? :cry:
Breeders will have to work hard to convince me its a coincidence............

Jane

Last edited:
Breeders will have to work hard to convince me its a coincidence............

Jane

Read my last post in "crossbreeding" thread Jane - I totally agree:). Humans mess with nature and all it does is cause problems :cry:.

Poor Fred :cry::cry::cry:

Having had a good few weeks Fred is now showing symptoms of being poorly again :cry: The lymph node in his abdomen is enlarged and he is 'hiding in his poorly corner' :(
We will be seeing Christabel in the morning. As Fred probably has a cancer it is unlikely that anything more than paliative care can be done

Fred is only about 3 years old

:cry::cry:

Janex

Back