• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elijah... stasis.... admitted ....U/D 12 Dec another episode

Sorry guys, I forgot to update this :oops: Elijah has been back home since middle of last week and is back to his usual bouncy self. He washed my face again on Friday so I'm really happy that he's wanting to do that again :love:

Aww must be adorable to have a bunny face wash :love: so pleased Elijah is feeling better x

Thank you, it really is. He's consistently giving my face a wash when I spend time with him now, goodness knows why he's suddenly decided to start again but I'm sooo happy that he has.:love:

I got home from work shortly after 7.00 pm and my boy was "doing the bellyache thing". He's had nearly two hours and not improved. :cry:

Thanks all for the vibes. I gave him three hours, I usually give him two but I just wanted to give him every chance to improve.

He's at my local vets as my rabbit vets don't do OOH on a Friday, part of the reason I gave him longer. We saw a vet we've not met before which is a big deal for me when it's OOH, I feel much more relaxed when I know the vet and therefore how rabbit savvy they are. However she didn't do anything that made me feel uncomfortable about leaving him there. It still feels really weird leaving him with someone I don't know. :oops: She said he had gut sounds though it was quieter than it should be, his temperature is a bit on the low side, stomach not massive and not tense. He was subdued all the way through the consultation, he's just so, so different when he's poorly :cry:

Hope he starts to feel better soon. Given that it's not quite 3 weeks since his last episode and two others apx a month apart I'm going to really work on his diet, cut out some of the greens etc and go from there. I've never blamed them before but I've got to try something.

Poor lad :cry: I hope he feels better soon

Personally I would try a hay/dried forage only diet for a while once he's well. Also, I swear by giving Avipro. I have found it to be much more beneficial than things like Fibreplex and Bio Lapis. Two Exotics Vets recommended it above all other pre/probiotics and I have seen first hand evidence of how beneficial it is.

As I said before, my Rabbits get hardly any Veg, just fresh herbs. In my experience Veg can cause ongoing gut problems for some Rabbits.

Back