• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elijah... stasis.... admitted ....U/D 12 Dec another episode

Thanks all, he's determined to have a stasis episode, despite the vibes. So, he was admitted an hour ago with a blood glucose of 13 so not as bad as his usual 15 - 17 but higher than it should be. His x-ray didn't reveal anything too worrying, food in stomach, gas passing through etc.

He's been medicated and just had another blood glucose, still 13 sadly. So the vet is taking him home to keep an eye on him :love: I just hope he doesn't thump his feetsies during the night at her house, like he does here :oops:

Oh and, Erin the little treasure (his companion/neighbour) thought it was a good idea to steal his food when he was sat hunched up. She was sticking her paws through the bars and dragging all his hay, dried dandelion/plantain etc through to her side, just the sort of support somebody poorly needs :roll:

Last edited:
Thank you everyone.

hope he is feeing better today x

When I rang an hour ago they told me that his blood glucose is back in the normal range (can't remember if they said it was 6 or 8.) but he's still not eating, so is staying there until he's eating again. Hopefully nothing untoward though now, just the recovery from his stasis.

Well, it's easy to see who is the eyes and ears for Elijah and Erin. I've just been to visit her and she was asleep in the middle of the floor ... I managed to put little biscuits in front of her face and stroke her and she carried on sleeping :shock: It went on long enough for me to start getting a bit worried... then she suddenly got a sniff of the treats and she was away :shock:

He's staying in another 24 hours :cry: Really gutted. On Friday evening Elijah washed my face really enthusiastically, he hasn't done this for 18 months, the last time he did it was a week before Artie died. Both Artie and Elijah were the ones who would enthusiastically wash my face for me...I wondered that week if he picked up something in my mood but he just hasn't done it since in 18 months, hasn't even seemed tempted until Friday night when it was just like the old days... I thought I'd be losing my eyebrows! I felt closely bonded to him again for the first time in ages. Now he's away from me again.:cry::cry: The message said he'd been eating since yesterday afternoon though and passed a big pile of dropping over night, so hopefully coming home tomorrow. ... it cant come soon enough.

Glad to hear that his system seems to be working ok. So sad he has to stay another night, but I suppose they just want to make sure all is well.

Sending more vibes x

Sending more wishes for Elijah's complete and swift recovery and homecoming. He sounds an absolute dear. :love: xxxxxxxx

Back