• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Eek Pips eye looks funny

I'm glad the other eye seemed better this morning - she's trying to keep you fit! [emoji38]
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] we just had round 2 on the staircase
Before she finally gave in and hopped into the carrier for her bathroom baytril session.

Hopefully her eye won't need anything else because I cant get near her without her bolting like Usain Bolt. Its like a black blur zooming ahead of me.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Glad that lady pip is starting to improve.
They didn’t get an early Xmas present by any chance did they? Like a maze?

Whoops. Just realised I forgot to update you all on Pip's last checkup before Christmas. [emoji51]

Vet was very pleased with her. Her mouth was healing very well and by that point. (Last Wed) she was eating again like a trouper. Her eye was still weepy, but not as bad.

Roll on to today and her eye is completely normal again! She is completely her usual self you wouldn't know she was missing any teeth. She still eats more than Archie and is the boss!

So pleased we took the plunge and decided on surgery, I think she'll be a much happier bun now.

Please see photo of her royal highness on her red royal cushion. (Yes I woke her, thats why she's looking miffed)
374810656488b9f3e767276ac556af67.jpg

Whoops. Just realised I forgot to update you all on Pip's last checkup before Christmas. [emoji51]

Vet was very pleased with her. Her mouth was healing very well and by that point. (Last Wed) she was eating again like a trouper. Her eye was still weepy, but not as bad.

Roll on to today and her eye is completely normal again! She is completely her usual self you wouldn't know she was missing any teeth. She still eats more than Archie and is the boss!

So pleased we took the plunge and decided on surgery, I think she'll be a much happier bun now.

Please see photo of her royal highness on her red royal cushion. (Yes I woke her, thats why she's looking miffed)
374810656488b9f3e767276ac556af67.jpg

I am so glad your beautiful girl is doing so well. It is good to know they can do so well after dental surgery. She is lucky to have you chasing her around to be sure she has her meds. It

Thanks everyone. I just got home and she's sat on her royal cushion. I gave her a little stroke until she realised what was happening. Shes soooo warm from the radiator behind her. She's like a furry hot water bottle!

Awwww so glad Princess Pip has recovered well. She looks very becoming on her royal cushion [emoji3] xx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Back