• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus again

Graciee

Staff member
He looks so bad :/ but still running over to me for food, although Clementine did knock him over also running for food :(

But he took it then I saw him try to pee and just drips :/ so maybe sludge/stone/uti or something, will call tomorrow morning for emergency appointment hopefully. He's on pain killers anyway. I feel so bad for him :/

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Poor Sausage. I hope you can get him seen tom. What a bunny eh - he's still running for food :love: I can't imagine being crashed to the ground by Clem is a gentle experience. Loads of vibes. I just been twittering about Atticus in the gardening thread

Very sorry to hear this :cry: Has he passed wee normally today til now ? You just need to be sure his urethra isn’t obstructed by thick sludge/a stone. He would need to be seen tonight if that were to be a possibility

Sending lots of vibes x

Poor Sausage. I hope you can get him seen tom. What a bunny eh - he's still running for food :love: I can't imagine being crashed to the ground by Clem is a gentle experience. Loads of vibes. I just been twittering about Atticus in the gardening thread
Yea he really is a tough cookie tbh

Very sorry to hear this :cry: Has he passed wee normally today til now ? You just need to be sure his urethra isn’t obstructed by thick sludge/a stone. He would need to be seen tonight if that were to be a possibility

Sending lots of vibes x

How would I know? Idk where I could even take him that would know either tbh, unless I drive to Camden if they're there. I'm really unwell myself atm, but Michael could drive him there no problem. I'll check their website x

How would I know? Idk where I could even take him that would know either tbh, unless I drive to Camden if they're there. I'm really unwell myself atm, but Michael could drive him there no problem. I'll check their website x

Where he wees (litter tray) would be drier than usual. You can feel a very full bladder by very gently palpating his abdomen. It will feel like a large lemon sized bulge in the lower abdomen, between his hind legs.

Sorry I haven't updated been mad here tbh.

Bladder is fine, but he's really dehydrated, megacolon episode in full swing, no William this week but have seen another exotic vet and she seems really good tbh.

We've got more painkillers and fluids to do under skin. So it's just seeing if he'll improve this time tbh. Weight is 1.7kg :(

Thanks everyone for vibes xx

Oh and I've since seen him do a enormous wee, because ofc [emoji38]

Do you 60ml of fluids given by sq, is a bit much? Twice a day.. I normally do like 10 - 15ml every few hours [emoji51]

I suspect it's possibly because he is very dehydrated. How does the overall quantity vary from what you usually give, ie how many 10-15ml do you give in a 24 hour period?

I suspect it's possibly because he is very dehydrated. How does the overall quantity vary from what you usually give, ie how many 10-15ml do you give in a 24 hour period?
Yea maybe!

Well if I did 10 ml x 4 hours for 24 hours

24 hours /4 hours is 6... X 10ml so 60ml is on the lower end of usual.. Just seems a lot in one go to me! [emoji38]

Yea maybe!

Well if I did 10 ml x 4 hours for 24 hours

24 hours /4 hours is 6... X 10ml so 60ml is on the lower end of usual.. Just seems a lot in one go to me! [emoji38]

I can't see it would make much difference in how you split up the doses. Perhaps divide the 60ml in half and give 30ml x 4 in 24 hours? Not everyone would want to be bothered by giving a small amount every couple of hours.

I can't see it would make much difference in how you split up the doses. Perhaps divide the 60ml in half and give 30ml x 4 in 24 hours? Not everyone would want to be bothered by giving a small amount every couple of hours.
Nah she said I had to use the whole syringe at a time, she put 120ml in earlier

Back