• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dunstable Rabbits (U/D NOW SAFE)

yesterday both enjoyed a lovely run out on next doors garden with Benjamin doing some impressive binkies :love:

Unfortunately this has awoken his hormones and by yesterday evening Molly was crying in fear of being humped :( so I had no choice but to separate them.

Both are still bright and happy in their separate hutches and it does make feeding them up or down so much easier. I am also still hoping they can have supervised play time together daily so the bond isn't lost completely before he can be neutered :?

Ah yes, I see. I keep forgetting he is a guest rather than a permanent resident. :oops:

If it turns out they will be with me awhile then i will I will get him done as they are out in the garden together now and Molly was really pleased to see him, thankfully the grass keeps him distracted most of the time!

Hi all.

Well my bonding session this week seems (touch wood - not that I am superstitious) to be going well so far and if all goes to plan I will have a space for them to come from the weekend. So it won't be long before they can be together again.

I have a very large hutch which has a mesh divider in it so that if buns need to be next to each other but not in together, they can be so I'm sure we can keep them together if it's in their best interests.

So maybe a visit to Liz is on the cards for next week :)

Hi all.

Well my bonding session this week seems (touch wood - not that I am superstitious) to be going well so far and if all goes to plan I will have a space for them to come from the weekend. So it won't be long before they can be together again.

I have a very large hutch which has a mesh divider in it so that if buns need to be next to each other but not in together, they can be so I'm sure we can keep them together if it's in their best interests.

So maybe a visit to Liz is on the cards for next week :)

Thanks for letting me know whats happening. Do you still want me to try the local rescue to save travelling? I know they will care for them 100% :D

If not Steve is off work all next week so has offered to do part of the journey to you to save you time and petrol money :D

They definitely need to go back together as soon as possible. Molly was SO pleased to see Benjamin this afternoon in the garden. There was a tiny bit of humping but the grass is a big distraction! But once back in the hutch he really upsets her :(

I love reading posts like these where bunnies get taken out of horrible situations - makes me feel all warm and gooey inside;)

My hubby was very proud of Boris when we took him in to be de-plummed - the vet said he was very well endowed:lol: No wonder he used to pay them so much attention...:p

My aim in life now is to save up to buy a house with a massive garden so I can take in rescue bunnies too - and in the meantime, I will learn all I can from our 2 little scamps.

Back