• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dr Finlay Has Had a CVA -U/D 13th August

I have just taken these pics. Dr Finlay is not distressed and has eaten a bit more. As you can see he has lost the use of his right hind leg. He is also now blind. I will be sleeping in the pen with Dr F and Esther tonight. I dont want to seperate them, but Esther is so active that I am worried she may accidently knock Dr F over

MeandafewBuns124-1.jpg

MeandafewBuns123-1.jpg

awww Jane so sorry to hear this. What lovely piccies of Dr F and Esther.
sending vibes for you all
xxx

I really hope that a miracle can occur Jane - what a lovely old gent he is:love: Its so distressing seeing them deteriorate and the anxiety of not knowing if they will pass that 48 hours without having another one worries you do death :(

Peaceful and healing vibes being sent to Dr Finlay, come on sweet boy, you are so loved by so many:love:

Sadly overnight Dr Finlay has deteriorated :(
He has lost all use of his back end :cry:
He remains blind :cry:

I do not believe he is in pain, but he has had pain relief anyway. He is still eating and drinking. I will monitor him closely all day today, I think he will just slip away :cry: But should he show any signs of distress what-so-ever I will take him to be helped to The Bridge.

I know noBun can live forever and that 11+ years is a very good age. But saying 'goodbye' is still so.............:cry::cry:

Im so sorry Jane,Ive been thinking about you both all night.Sending loads of comforting vibes for DR Finlay.Hes so lucky to have such a caring loving mum.

oh jane im so sorry, he is just such a lovely bun, and i know its probably not much consolation but you gave him an amazing retirement.

he is my favorite oldie bun:(

in a way it is nice that he can just slip away, pain free with you and his wifey by his side, and in reality thats something which we all hope will happen, as opposed to other possible scenarios. but i know that doesnt make it any less sad :(

I dont want to seperate them, but Esther is so active that I am worried she may accidently knock Dr F over

I fully agree. At his age, I don't think living months longer is his top priority. Rather, be in the company of his girlfriend till the end.

Not to mention the sudden change of missing Esther could psychologically affect him.

11 years is an outstanding record. Count all the buns in this forum, how many buns lives that long?

According to Adele's link on Rabbit to Human conversion rate, 1 yr. in rabbit life = 11 years in human life. So 11 years in rabbit life = 121 year old human

Big hugs to Dr. Finlay

give him a big kiss from me...bless him i know you do whats right by him im glad he is in such good hands, sorry to hear he not doing so well... hope you and esther bun will be with him till the end...bless him...he has made me cry this morning as he is such a loverly old bun.... i hope that you and esther will be ok after too xxx

Back