• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dermot- 12th May Post 244

Jane you were just trying to give Dermot a friend,please dont blame yourself xxxxx.I will be thinking of you and Dermot this morning and praying for a miracle

I am taking Dermot to C this morning for PTS :cry:

THIS IS ALL MY FAULT, NOTHING WILL CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

:cry: :cry: :cry:

*hugs*

Smooth passage to the Bridge precious one.

I know you can't be convinced and I won't try to but he knows you love him... that is the main thing. *hugs*

You are a brilliant bunny mummy, and you didn't do any of it on purpose and did not know he would get so poorly from it, you tried your best for him to give him a happy and healthy life.

xx

I'm so very sorry to read your sad news this morning :cry::cry: Hugs xx

ETA I just wanted to say that I know nothing I say will change your feelings of guilt but I honestly think you were doing your best for Dermot and were just trying to make him happy, that is a wonderful gift of love. If his gut issues were that severe he could have had a flare up at any point over anything. You have done your best for him and tried what you thought he needed, I don't believe you would have tried this if you genuinely thought he was happier alone... something about his demeanour must have driven you to try and give him a friend.... you were only doing what you thought was right for him and i'm sure many of us would have done the same, I know I would have.

Last edited:
Despite an initial improvement Dermot has deteriorated again.
I am likely to have to make 'a decision' about him today :cry:

I wish to god I hadn't tried to bond him. Prior to my stupidity he had not had a GI tract 'episode' for over 2 months.

:cry: :cry:

Come on Jane - we both know that 2 months isn't a very long time at all and a flare up could well have been on the cards anyway. Honestly, this is NOT your fault x

Come on Jane - we both know that 2 months isn't a very long time at all and a flare up could well have been on the cards anyway. Honestly, this is NOT your fault x

Exactly this. I've only just come to the thread but nothing in it mkes me think that you caused this. You were doing the best for your boy and by unhappy coincedence his guts flared up around the same time. It would have happened anyway, as you're well aware chronic bunny problems can rear their head at any time.

Peaceful passing *vibes* for Dermot and lots of *hugs* for you.

Jane this is NOT your fault!!!!! You know this deep down, please stop beating yourself up. If there was anyone in the world i would trust 100% with my bunnies, it would be you!!!!

I'm so very sorry about Dermot but you have given him a lovely life, maybe he's decided he'd like to be with Lara at the bridge.

Am sending peaceful passing vibes, and am sending you massive hugs from me and bump. xxx

I am taking Dermot to C this morning for PTS :cry:

THIS IS ALL MY FAULT, NOTHING WILL CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm very sorry to hear this update.

This is what you said to me.

Jack's Jane said:
I wanted to keep feeling bad, I wanted to hurt endlessly because I believed I should be punished and suffer for what I had done. However many times people told me it was an accident and not my fault, it made no difference. To me it WAS my fault and I did not feel I deserved any compassion. Hell, I wanted people to tell me I was a useless, careless To endorse all I felt about myself

NOW COMES THE BUT.................

Accidents happen to even the most careful people. There is a world of difference between harm occurring as a result of deliberate intent and harm occurring as a result of a tragic accident. Something unforseen and out of our control.

I know that you wont believe me when I say that in time you will realise that you are not a 'murderer'. But do you think I am a murderer of Jack's sibling ?
I am guessing not, but I am also guessing that it will be a long time before you can show yourself any compassion.

I know my post wont penetrate the walls around the place you are in right now. But I hope that just maybe a bit of it will find a way through, somehow.

You summed it up nicely.

I hope Dermot passes peacefully.

Jane I do not understand this continual blaming of yourself. It is clear from the 50 or so replies to every one of your threads than NONE OF US judge you and what you do with your rabbits.

We all deeply respect your knowledge and love for your animals.

Sending lots of peaceful vibes for Dermot today, and for you.

The mass you felt in his tummy sure must have been growing for some time now. Tumors don't come from one day to the next.
You did what you thougt was best for him. You beat yourself up a lot for your rabbits but as far as I know all of them are elderly and some are sick. It is only natural that their time comes one day, no matter how much we suffer and wish we could postpone that day. Not many people would be able to provide adequate care as you do. They live the rest of their lives full of love and care, and that's no small thing.

Back