• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dermot- 12th May Post 244

i'm sorry jane:(

please don't blame yourself. had you not tried to improve his life, dermot may have had a flare up anyway.

hugs xxx

Jane you love your rabbits and want the best for them. Anything you do is because of this love, not stupidity. The risk that the bond would work and he would have a wifey was worth it, we know that. Lots of us know the horror of the decision you face.

I'm sorry Jane. I can only echo what everyone else has said. Sometimes we all have to accept things that go against our general beliefs, nothing in life is black and white. You judged what was in his best interests.

I really hope he can recover from this xx

So sorry Dermot is so poorly :( really hope he can start to recover and feel a bit better. Lots and lots of vibes for him xxx

Jane please never blame yourself. As you said Dermot is very nervous. It could be anything, the weather, the noise from next door having the walls knocked down. May have nothing to do with the bonding.

You care so much for your bunnies and give them a wonderful life.

I really hope Dermot makes an improvement. Special vibes for Dermot and you too. xxx

Sending lots of vibes for Dermot.
How is he doing now?

What everyone else has said is true Jane :)

Oh hope he's ok Jane

Please dont beat yourself up :( you always do what is best for your buns, unless you try sometimes you just dont know. If it makes Dermot ill then he's better off a single bun, you are there most of the time anyway its not as if he is stuck outside on his own in a hutch not looked at like alot of bunnies.

Sending get well vibes xxxx

Dermot is doing a bit better now. We are treating him as for Pancreatitis :cry:
He is on a cocktail of Meds and we just have to hope that he responds to them.

Sorry Jane my medical knowledge with rabbits is limited, is that the same as for humans ?

Hope he responds well. Vibes for Dermont.

I'm not sure of the implications of pancreatitis but do know it's rare in rabbits and that there are a couple of forum members who've got rabbits with it. Hope he can be helped more now he has a diagnosis for it.

It gets worse, I can now feel a mass in his mid abdomen. It is NOT food/poo.
It feels EXACTLY like the masses the late Declan had. Declan was PTS a few weeks ago due to Lymphosarcoma :cry:

How can this happen to two Rabbits in such close succession :cry:

It gets worse, I can now feel a mass in his mid abdomen. It is NOT food/poo.
It feels EXACTLY like the masses the late Declan had. Declan was PTS a few weeks ago due to Lymphosarcoma :cry:

How can this happen to two Rabbits in such close succession :cry:

So sorry, Jane :cry:

(((hugs))) for both of you

I'm so sorry, jane. Can you get him to the vet again to double check the mass? I really hope it turns out to be something else more treatable. Sending soothing vibes and massive (((((Hugs))))) for you xxx

I'm so sorry, jane. Can you get him to the vet again to double check the mass? I really hope it turns out to be something else more treatable. Sending soothing vibes and massive (((((Hugs))))) for you xxx

A Vet wont do anything tonight. Dermot is already on lots of meds and having felt an abnormal mesenteric lymph node before I am 99.9% certain I know what I am feeling now :cry:

Hi Jane,
I just googled pancreatitis, in humans admittedly, but symptoms can include a swollen abdomen or gallstones - do you think it might be that?
Hope he responds to his medication.
x

Back