• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dental buns Binky free my baby

That is a good price:D. Trust me she will be fine, if I had thought on when you were having her spayed you could have got your vet to check her teeth while being spayed as my vet does it automatically.:)

I didn't get her spayed, her previous owner did, as charlie had only just been done and I didn't have the space at the time. Now I have loads!

taking her tonight,for her teeth to be done tomorrow morning.

vibes please, more for me than her, im sure she will be OK but Im going to be a nervous reck! And Charlie is going to be lost too, he is besotted with Princess

taking her tonight,for her teeth to be done tomorrow morning.

vibes please, more for me than her, im sure she will be OK but Im going to be a nervous reck! And Charlie is going to be lost too, he is besotted with Princess

Is Charlie her partner?, if he is then he must go in with her, don;t take her on her own if she is bonded

Buns generally do better before, after and during if they have their bonded friend, so if they are bonded I also agree to take them both.

I'm sure all will be fine :) Keep yourself busy.

I never take my bonded pairs in together if only one is having treatment, but everyone as their own ideas on this. I just don't see the point of stressing both buns out and all mine have been fine. I took Oliver in last Wednesday night to be with Baby Giant to see if it would help make her eat but really in theory it didn't:cry:.
Goo0d luck and she will be fine you'll see:D

Really its up to you and what you feel is best for your buns. :)

In my experience I found taking the other/s bun/s worked best because they stayed calm and had a friend (the vets also commented on how much of a different it made to my Hope when he had his two bonded friends with him when he went in for a dental). I have also found that sometimes after an op the bunny left at home can reject the other bun due to smelling different and you may have to rebond them back.

It truly is what you think is best, and if that's taking her and leaving him, that's ok :)

These two bonded in an hour or two. meant to be together I think.

On a different note. I now find it even harder to understand how people can give up their buns. I understand there are circumstances beyond our control such as Dylanflo recently, but others who just leave them at a rescue or even worse just let them go, such as the rexes Elaine has recently taken in.

I took Princess to the vets this evening as I knew I wouldn't have time to get to the vets before work, so they took her this evening (no charge), and I really didn't want to leave her. I had a lump in the bottom of my throat and I was almost in tears stood at the bus stop. This is only one night apart. I know I am getting her back after work tomorrow, yet I am surprised I am so upset!

Aww, big hug to you.

I am sure she will be OK, we are sending her some vibes for tomorrow. Sending you some calming vibes too.

She is home, back with Charlie with no problems.

She has not eaten yet but the vets have syringe fed her before I picked her up.

She keeps licking her lips, is that normal?

Oddly she looks a lot brighter in her eyes, Ive only known her for three weeks, she has always had such sad eyes, now I know why.

they have given her painkiller, and two antibiotics and a gut stimulant.

Vet looks taken aback when I was spouting technical terms like stasis

Thanks for asking Kay

Glad everything went OK, did they do any Xrays while she was under.

Hopefully she won't need them doing for a good while now.

No xrays mentioned, and at 50pounds I dont think they were taken.

We both put it down to an inappropriate diet in her former home. Vet recommended a hay based diet. But as that is what I do not it it would not effect them.

Kay - end of the month. Although Charlie and Princess's new hutch is here and weatherproofed I need to wait til payday / birthday to get the run to attach, so they are staying put for now. Have you found your cable? and been updating the website?

No xrays mentioned, and at 50pounds I dont think they were taken.

We both put it down to an inappropriate diet in her former home. Vet recommended a hay based diet. But as that is what I do not it it would not effect them.

Kay - end of the month. Although Charlie and Princess's new hutch is here and weatherproofed I need to wait til payday / birthday to get the run to attach, so they are staying put for now. Have you found your cable? and been updating the website?

No:oops:

she has not done any poos yet and looks to be having stomach cramps, her bottom half looks like... well she is having cramps / trying hard to poo and not coming out. Vet said she did have a gut stimulant, is this it working?

she drank from the bowl, boy was she thirsty. is this enough to start her back up again, or should I keep going with getting her to eat.

Back