• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Day of the triffids

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Anyone whose read my posts knows my absolute lack of knowledge of anything that grows in the garden - hence my generic term 'triffids'. And, as Joey and Boo were requesting some clarification of what the vegetation was, I managed to find time in my normally hectic evening to grab a small action camera and go and take some footage whilst Flo was outside pruning what little plant life there is left.
So, for all you budding alan titchmarsh's out there, this is our back garden triffid factory.....

The next video was taken last friday evening when Bertie was on something. He was having a whale of a time zooming here, zooming there and was teasing Flo to join in - but she wasn't really feeling it - as you can tell. Anyway, it shows you what Bertie can do and how he unfortunately zoomed into Flo 2 weeks ago today...

Next we see why nothing in our garden grows lower than about 18 inches - because we have a Bertie.
G2EFwi6.jpg
[/IMG]

It gives you some idea of what goes on when hoomans aren't always watching (cause we're usually busy making snuffle mats up or cutting up greens etc).
Quick update on Flo as well - she is very much on the mend now. She is enjoying her food once again, she has her mojo back as she does not like to be picked up and checked (I check the wound and the area every day for any changes or anything I should act on). Up until now, she wasn't really that concerned about being picked up but she's got her attitude back. So hopefully we can move forward now and get back into a more gentle routine.
Hope you all enjoy the videos.
Craig x

Really pleased that Flo is doing a lot better now. I can’t ID plants at all, I would be terrified that a bunny would eat something toxic if I didn’t actually know what the plant was :shock: I even stress about a bunny eating too much grass in spring :oops:

Bertie certainly has a lot of energy doing zoomies and binkies.
I am glad Flo is doing well and was surprised she did not get far away when Bertie was zooning. Well done.

Last edited:
Aw, I love Bertie doing his Zoomies, and Flo just chilling :) Your garden looks very lush Craig, I can see honeysuckle and dogwood (I think). Not sure if you have a smart phone, but there is an app called LeafSnap, which is a quick and easy way of identifying plants. I use it sometimes to verify plants and trees when I'm out walking, and I'm not an "appy" person, but can recommend this one.

For plant ID, you could look at an app. Daughter recommended Seek (one with the green leaf, by iNaturalist) and I've been playing with that. It seems better at wild plants than garden ones, though.

That pic of Bertie is a classic.:love:

I've no clue what anything is :lol: not sure why I thought I might. However stunning photo of Bertie & I really enjoyed his zoomie sesh too:love:

Back