• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could Mimzy Please Have Some Vibes-U/D p 39 He did great! :)

Sending loads of vibes for Mimzy for tomorrow. I will keep an eye out for an update.

And I hope the journey is safe and stress free for you both xx

Thanks all :) Just up and I'm so groggy...not much sleep. Will be on our way in a few hours. I'll get an update on a.s.a.p. but just wanted to acknowledge all these lovely posts. Thank you so very much. :love:

Thanks all :) Just up and I'm so groggy...not much sleep. Will be on our way in a few hours. I'll get an update on a.s.a.p. but just wanted to acknowledge all these lovely posts. Thank you so very much. :love:

i always forget the time difference.
its late at night here now :lol:
give mimz some noaerubs from me xxxxx

Well today was kind of frustrating. :?
Instead of blocking enough time on her schedule for an ER dental, the receptionist apparently only booked us for the basic checkup visit. So of course there wasn't time for it today and my poor OH has to drive Mimzy back there tomorrow by 11 AM. I'm not happy about it. :( We had the option to leave him overnight but I didn't feel that was the best way forward, and my OH initially agreed, but then got aggravated with me on the way home. But I had no extra hay, nor his meds, for him to have this evening and there's no night nurse. He'd be even more stressed than the drive in is for him and I want him at his best for something like this.

He'll be in surgery for about an hour, they're going to run blood panels and xray his back end since he's been a bit more stiff of late, then about 2 PM we'll have to go back and get him. "Not a happy camper" would be an understatement on the part of my OH. I've offered to do the driving myself but he's having none of it. So I have to worry about them taking off early tomorrow and being okay without me since it's just a drop off. I will be insisting on pickup though.

Mimzy is a few ounces under what he was back in December. Nothing serious. She really feels he is in good shape considering his disability. He does have a nasty spur on his down side so she's going to file that off tomorrow. He'll get a full shave of his posterior as well so I can keep him cleaner.
She feels if he was at all dehydrated that may have had something to do with his nasty cecals for the last month or so. She is putting his odd fecal pellets down to the spur, and poor quality hay, so we'll see if they round out afterwards or if his labs tell us anything. (The last batch of Timothy that I just received is like night and day to the one we just finished with, if I can only get him interested in it.) He hasn't really needed a nightly bum bath for awhile now, since I went to doubling his veggie intake, so I'm hoping the cecal problem is something that's resolved itself. Not sure what to ask the doc to look for regarding his irregular fecals.

There was a vet student looking in today. Now I am all for students learning about exotics, we have so few here who take an interest...but I must admit-since she'll be shadowing our vet tomorrow as well-that I'm a bit anxious about this appointment. I don't think she really came within three feet of us while we were having a look at his teeth or weighing him and I have no idea if she assisted while the vet was clipping his nails in the back room. Are rabbits not her thing? Was she just staying out of the way? I would think a student would want to be a bit more hands on, but then maybe that she held back was a good thing. I'll just be glad when this is all over and done with and my boy comes home tomorrow feeling better.

He has a bit of a weepy eye that his vet will take a better look at while he's under GA. There was evidence that he'd been drooling which is probably that tooth, but I noticed his forepaws were looking a bit snotty last week. I just hope he hasn't got something we need to give abx for again, it takes forever to normalize his gut when he comes off them and it usually gets his ears all gunky as a result.
He'd completely weed his cuddly cup in his carrier when we got there. It still smells off to me. I really hope his labs show us something because it seems to me there's got to be an infection going on somewhere. His feet though are in good shape according to her. Funny, they looked reddened to me last week. What is it with bunnies being so ill when you can't get them in and then when you do they seem perfectly fine? :roll:

I appreciate all the vibes for today so very much. If I could beg your indulgence again and have a few more for tomorrow's ordeal, I would be so very grateful. :) xxxx

How frustrating that they did not book an appropriate time slot for Mimzy's full treatment. Having a grumpy OH must add to your stress too.

Lots more vibes being sent xx

Sending lots of vibes for your lovely little bun. I hope the vet can sort everything out whilst she has him.

Hugs for you xxxxxxxx

Sorry today's appointment wasn't as you expected. What a terrible stress for you and him.

Try not to worry about the student. When I took Bubble to D1ck Vet, there was a vet and 3 students there. Two of the students spent the whole time standing in the corner of the room, watching.

Sending loads more vibes, and hugs for you xx

Oh no, how frustrating!!!!

Lots of supportive vibes and healing vibes over to you all

fee xxx

Oh no, I am sorry to hear of such a frustrating trip to the vets. How stressful for you all. Sending loads more vibes your way xx

Hello everyone. Sorry to be so late updating. Long day for all of us.
Mimzy did great and had two molars filed on his left side, I think. He came round well (always a worry) and by the time we picked him up he'd eaten hay and was drinking like a lord! He's using a bottle again! :shock: First time in two years!
His xrays showed spurs on the right hip now. :( This explains his reluctance to move as much. His bloods show slightly elevated protein (possibly due to past dehydration) and his calcium is a bit over the norm (he's eaten lots of kale recently). His films show an almost solid white bladder. So he's full of silt. I wanted extra fluids for him but she feels he can shift it on his own if he drinks more like he was today. She said I could feed less kale too but that's really helping keep his gut moving. Once spring thaw hits I can get fresh grass/hay from the yard and he'll do better again I hope. Until then it's store bought veg.

Little guy is wiped from all the travel and I am too. But he was quite bright earlier so I'm not too worried. He's my little Sherman tank, almost nothing stops him but he slows down a notch here and there.

All his insides looked good. His gut was chock full (surprised the heck out of me, I never see him eat!) and kidneys and liver all in good shape. His spine is beautiful for being so crooked. The vet was very happy with what she saw for a 7 year old.
He got his bum shave too. I haven't checked it yet but will when I put him to bed tonight.

It's not bad for six months since his last dental. I hope we won't have to worry for another six.

I want to thank everyone for all the vibes, they must've worked magic because even my OH was brighter this afternoon. Thank you all so very much! :) xxxx

Back