• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Claw Pulled Out!

My Kermit's claw came off once, i came home to find the claw on the floor and a splash of blood up my white living room wall!

My Inca has no claws at all on one of her feet, we think someone done it to her when she was younger, before she went to bunnyhops.

I think as long as it ain't bleeding any more it should be ok, just check it tomorrow in case it gets infected.

x

Ah, way ahead of you!! Meeting a guy tomorrow in the wood selling place thingy. He is going to let me buy the timber and he will make a hutch for me for £30 charge. Think I'll get it 5x2x2 with a sleeping area at each end and a comunal area in the middle. D'ye think?

Ooh - sounds fab! Our girls have 2 sleeping areas - sometimes they share (winter) sometimes they don't :roll:

Ah, way ahead of you!! Meeting a guy tomorrow in the wood selling place thingy. He is going to let me buy the timber and he will make a hutch for me for £30 charge. Think I'll get it 5x2x2 with a sleeping area at each end and a comunal area in the middle. D'ye think?

that sounds really good!

Thanks Grace65 and Kermit, I'll keep a close eye on her xx

Ooh - sounds fab! Our girls have 2 sleeping areas - sometimes they share (winter) sometimes they don't :roll:

I was beginning to think that they just weren't a match and would be happier with other piggies. They're ok with the space of the c&c when they come into the hall at night. Can't wait to get them into a bigger outdoor hutch. The one I got them is far too small. Don't know what I was thinking. Due to rain tomorrow and be cooler - might just keep them in while it's cooler, until their big hutch is made.

They love their new cardboard tunnel and their little log tunnel, but I can't fit them into the outdoor hutch. I just put lots of hay in there for them to hide in. Thanks for the benefit of your vast experience and knowledge!

I was beginning to think that they just weren't a match and would be happier with other piggies. They're ok with the space of the c&c when they come into the hall at night. Can't wait to get them into a bigger outdoor hutch. The one I got them is far too small. Don't know what I was thinking. Due to rain tomorrow and be cooler - might just keep them in while it's cooler, until their big hutch is made.

They love their new cardboard tunnel and their little log tunnel, but I can't fit them into the outdoor hutch. I just put lots of hay in there for them to hide in. Thanks for the benefit of your vast experience and knowledge!

Our girls go into an outside hutch in the day whilst it's warm. One sleeps in the bedroom end, the other has the log tunnel stuffed with hay to sleep in. The food bowl is centred between them. Happy piggies :lol:

Now it's warmer I just put mine in the run all day and put them back in the hutch on a night. They all squished up in their hidey hole at first but now they are very brave and have a little wander around :)

The boys are in an indoor cage, they sleep at opposite ends on their sides, with their eyes open :roll: looks awful! it always makes me panic

Now it's warmer I just put mine in the run all day and put them back in the hutch on a night. They all squished up in their hidey hole at first but now they are very brave and have a little wander around :)

The boys are in an indoor cage, they sleep at opposite ends on their sides, with their eyes open :roll: looks awful! it always makes me panic

My two girls sound a bit like your lads. Sometimes I think they just tolerate each other rather than enjoy each others company :roll: Cute when they sleep though - with their little legs (what there is of them) out to the side, showing the soles of their feet! Wee bare piggy feet - cute!

My two girls sound a bit like your lads. Sometimes I think they just tolerate each other rather than enjoy each others company :roll: Cute when they sleep though - with their little legs (what there is of them) out to the side, showing the soles of their feet! Wee bare piggy feet - cute!

Have you photographed their feet yet????

:lol: I know, I love it when Trusty is curled up on his side and I can see his little ginger leg :love::love: when we got him we thought he was all black :shock: after we gave him a bath a load of ginger markings appeared.

I think girl piggies do tend to have more dominance issues than boys, I sometimes wonder if my boys are only so funny because they can smell girlies.

No. But i'm gonna!

:lol::lol::lol:

And their mouths!!!!

bunniesoutsidejune2010034.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

And their mouths!!!!

bunniesoutsidejune2010034.jpg

Ooooh sweeeeeet! I love their mouths and their floppy ears. I like to wrap mine in a towel one at a time in the evening and give them a little cuddle before they go in (and I take my inhaler!!!) They seem to like being cocooned in something. I carry them into the kitchen and feed them a basil leaf or a bit of lettuce. Cute little guys. Stinky little guys but cute! :roll:

Ooooh sweeeeeet! I love their mouths and their floppy ears. I like to wrap mine in a towel one at a time in the evening and give them a little cuddle before they go in (and I take my inhaler!!!) They seem to like being cocooned in something. I carry them into the kitchen and feed them a basil leaf or a bit of lettuce. Cute little guys. Stinky little guys but cute! :roll:

I love the smell of piggies :oops:

I love the smell of piggies :oops:

Perhaps I should clarify! Don't mind the smell of the piggies. It's more what comes out of the piggies!! Much prefer rabbit excriment!!! I love the way the little balls roll about the lino like marbles, an rattle in the dust pan!! :oops:

Perhaps I should clarify! Don't mind the smell of the piggies. It's more what comes out of the piggies!! Much prefer rabbit excriment!!! I love the way the little balls roll about the lino like marbles, an rattle in the dust pan!! :oops:

Yeah, piggy poops stick and squidge and get under your nails....:mrgreen:

Back