• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Claude poorly again this am :( Hes gone :(

glad he picking up wonder why he keeps getting like this he was poorly last week the same day my rosie was wasnt he

lisa

Not good news:(
Before i left for work he produced loads of poo,so i though great ok hes not eating but pooing
I managed to get home about 4.30pm he was still very bloated and looking unwell so i took him vets at 5.30pm actually got to see the vet at 6.30pm i asked them to xray him so she did its not gas in his tummy its food and fluid she says if hes not pooing by tommorow i will have to make a decision and have him pts:cry: I dont know what im going to do hes been home for half an hour still no poo,what can i do to get him pooing i seem to have tried everything i cant bare to loose him:cry:

Not good news:(
Before i left for work he produced loads of poo,so i though great ok hes not eating but pooing
I managed to get home about 4.30pm he was still very bloated and looking unwell so i took him vets at 5.30pm actually got to see the vet at 6.30pm i asked them to xray him so she did its not gas in his tummy its food and fluid she says if hes not pooing by tommorow i will have to make a decision and have him pts:cry: I dont know what im going to do hes been home for half an hour still no poo,what can i do to get him pooing i seem to have tried everything i cant bare to loose him:cry:

when mowgli was poorly they put something into his stomach and pumped it out can they not do something like that?

im soo sorry i hope he gets better, thinking of you both

lisa

I'm so sorry. I'm afraid I can't think of what else could help. Someone with more experience could perhaps advise you.
Sending more vibes for Claude x x

Are they saying it is a blockage then? Please don't give up on Claude.

One of mine had similar at Christmas and she pulled through. I made her move around every hour for 10-15 minutes even though it appeared cruel. Lots of fluids too, keep warm.

Just dug out my bill and my vet gave her the following:
Buscopan
Dexadreson
Vetivex

It did take about a week for her to recover but with a lot of nursing and spending the day at the vets for 2 days she made it. It was touch and go whether they were going to have to try to remove the blockage which is a serious operation.

Sending Claude lots of vibes and hope that things start to move soon.

Edited: Just found Katys links in case they are any help to you:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=112079

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=112248

Last edited:
Are they saying it is a blockage then? Please don't give up on Claude.

One of mine had similar at Christmas and she pulled through. I made her move around every hour for 10-15 minutes even though it appeared cruel. Lots of fluids too, keep warm.

Just dug out my bill and my vet gave her the following:
Buscopan
Dexadreson
Vetivex

It did take about a week for her to recover but with a lot of nursing and spending the day at the vets for 2 days she made it. It was touch and go whether they were going to have to try to remove the blockage which is a serious operation.

Sending Claude lots of vibes and hope that things start to move soon.
She just said his gut is full of food and fluid that isnt moving

Just put links on previous post in case you can see anything similar in Claude's symptoms.

Sending extra vibes and really hope he pulls through.

Marie, I am so sorry, I haven't any advice but I feel what you're going through right now, big hugs. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I will keep everything crossed for him :(

Im sorry hun I really hope Claude can pass his obstruction.Sending loads of healing vibes and a big hug for you.

I think you are doing the right thing.If making him move is helping pass poos I would keep going and hopefully the obstruction will pass.Good luck with Claude

Back