• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cherry - home but subdued

Glad you get to bring them home, hope the drive isn't bad and she continues her recovery.

Picking Cherry up after work. John said the wound has nearly healed. I just hope I can continue their good work and it doesn't get infected again.

Will be lovely to see her and Hovis. Not looking forward to the drive though. It is pouring with rain here and the roads are awful.

The roads are indeed awful - drive carefully. Hopefully with the time you're going there won't be much traffic to contend with..

Cherry and Hovis are now home. John wants me to bathe the wound once a day, but no longer dig all the pus out, and to continue to add the honey. I am also giving metacam and an antiobiotic twice a day. He even remembered about my hysterectomy and asked how I was and if I had a date yet.

I left the carrier on the kitchen floor so the buns could come out in their own time - and Cherry seems to be living in there. She rarely comes out:( Her wound looks very sore - and she also has a sore on her bottom where she shuffles to get around. She is eating, but not with her usual enthusiasm. I am beginning to think she may have had enough. The wound looks awful, but John was pleased with it.

I am at work at the moment - trying to do lots of overtime - but will ring John later, although I don't think he is in on a Wednesday. I am wondering if Cherry needs more pain relief. I hate bathing her wound as it hurts her but I am doing the best I can. She cleans it herself afterwards to lick off some of the honey.

Any spare vibes would be appreciated. She has been poorly for so long I think she is getting depressed - or maybe that is my transference!

Sorry to hear she's not as lively as we'd all hope. With any luck she will soon start feeling stronger - even being on antibiotics can make people feel unwell, and at least once the infection is fully cleared you should have a much clearer vision of her level of well-being.

Continued vibes. xxx

Thank you. I'm not sure whether to remove the carrier, as it's in the way when I walk through the kitchen and can't stay there indefinitely, or just leave it for now. Both Cherry and Hovis shake from the minute I put them in the carrier until they come out - they both loathe it -so I have no idea why she has taken to living in there. If I put dandelion leaves just outside the carrier she will move to nom them but she hasn't had any rabbit royale as that is further away.

I had to leave for work at 0600 this morning and am working again later (different job) but will try to bathe her again by putting the whole area in warm water. She struggles initially but then I think she finds it comforting - a bit like us having a warm bath, I guess.

The other thing is, of course, that she only came home last night after quite a long time with Anton, so she may take a while to settle. I think, if it were me, I would leave things in the kitchen as they are for the moment, inconvenient I know.

I'm glad you no longer have to dig away at the wound. I'm keeping everything crossed that you see some improvement soon.

Sending lots of vibes for Cherry and calming vibes for you too x

She's really not herself at all. She did come out of the carrier when I was hoovering - they both poop all around the kitchen and not in their litter tray which is a pain. Hovis has started going in the carrier too now. He is very unsettled as well. Neither of them are eating as much as usual, but are eating dandelion leaves and hay so I'm not going to stress either of them further by syringe feeding.

Cherry's breathing is still very rapid - I worry that she is in pain, despite the metacam.

Being a Bunny Mummy is soooo stressful:(

Back