• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Charlie's ear surgery

OK so jc given him an injection, cleaned his ear out for me. I have to get Charlie eating buy Thursday otherwise he's got to stay in. I asked about tramadol and he said if injection doesn't work he will be on tramadol xx

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'm rooting for you and Charlie, Loobers :) I hope he comes good and doesn't have to stay in, bless him x

I have also got more critical care, my mum's given me some fibre plex to try. Will keep you all updated. So deflated right now Xxx

It can be very draining when nursing a very sick Bunny. It is also additionally distressing when they have an obvious surgical wound. But I am certain that under the professional care of JC Charlie is receiving all the appropiate treatment and he has you as his trusted friend to give him lots of TLC. TLC is as important as the medication. I really hope that Charlie will feel able to eat more and that it wont be necessary for him to be admitted. Topping up the vibes for him x

He's eaten a tiny bit of baby food. He's had critical care and meds and a few mouthfuls of hay this morning. Will see what's eaten when I get home from work. I mashed up pellets with baby food so I hope he eats that

13fa285f5b9c3b30b4f66b7db9e555b7.jpg

d4c6ea5d2b4816bbca4f149b19f96297.jpg

2182b1c6092593ad6b1ea1f9ae126eb8.jpg

Charlie ate all of his pellets over night and is eating again this morning!

That's such good news :D You must be so relieved. Sending more vibes for him and I hope his eating continues.

Back