• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Casper & Sophie Photo Delivery

I have some photos and a little update. We've been having a bit of a rough time, the three of us! Casper's been on antibiotics for being snotty, and then, while still being snotty and on antibiotics, he stopped eating the Friday before Christmas. We figured out he needed a dental, but we had to wait until after Christmas, so we had a couple of days where Casper needed a lot of help eating. Thankfully, he made it through his dental just fine, and he's eating like normal again now. Then a week later, Sophie was eating very selectively, and didn't want much, and it turned out she had quite big molar spurs. She had a dental the next day, and she's doing well now. I'm pretty sure they've both needed dentals because of what I made a thread about a while ago, that they've been needing so many pellets to keep their weight stable that they're not eating much hay... Because of their illnesses a few weeks back, and their eating trouble because of their teeth recently, I haven't been able to test any ideas from that thread yet, but I'm still hoping I can find a solution. I've ordered a lot of different hays to hopefully encourage them to eat more of it, so hopefully that'll help...

Here are some recent photos. It's mostly a lot of cuddling and napping ☺️:

PXL_20231105_180359593.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231105_185531134.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231106_191709021.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231112_204849724.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231113_212216806.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231121_204811708.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231125_202216733.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231129_212806371.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231129_213305556.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231203_181950245.NIGHT.jpg

LgDjeKAh.jpg

jrCDwADh.jpg

McbmacYh.jpg

BFVYOVWh.jpg

IQascQph.jpg

0wbWLMOh.jpg

zy1hGhoh.jpg

Ahhhh ❤️ beautiful pics of them

I'm sorry they've both needed dentals :( but pleased to hear they both managed them fine. Sounds like you've had a very stressful time.
Hopefully now they can get on with their hay eating. Are Sophie & Casper near to their ideal weight? Boo is still nowhere near...its such a difficult balancing act

I'm sorry about the dental treatments and the difficult days, I hope everything will be back to normal soon. 🩷🩷

The pictures are amazing by the way, I would never say no to so many huggles 😂😂

just popped back for another look. I noticed what an adorable photo it was but missed that Sophie had a mouthful of hay 😍

So sorry you've had a stressful time with the buns, don't they pick their times! Glad they are both doing ok now, and hope they enjoy their hay selection. Their photos are beautiful, as always, but Sophie with the hay is pure magic ❤️

Ahhhh ❤️ beautiful pics of them

I'm sorry they've both needed dentals :( but pleased to hear they both managed them fine. Sounds like you've had a very stressful time.
Hopefully now they can get on with their hay eating. Are Sophie & Casper near to their ideal weight? Boo is still nowhere near...its such a difficult balancing act
Thank you, j&b.

And thank you for being sorry. :( It has been a stressful time. But they're already eating a bit more hay now that their teeth are better, thankfully. They are near their ideal weight right now, yes. When I decrease their pellets, they immediately start losing weight again, though. I'm sorry you're still struggling with Boo's weight... You're right that it's such a difficult balancing act. With all ideal bunny foods (hay, grass, leafy plants) being so low in calories, it's hard to get more calories in them in a healthy way.

I'm sorry about the dental treatments and the difficult days, I hope everything will be back to normal soon. 🩷🩷

The pictures are amazing by the way, I would never say no to so many huggles 😂😂
Thank you, KCG. Things are returning to normal now, fortunately!

And thanks! They do love their huggles, haha.

just popped back for another look. I noticed what an adorable photo it was but missed that Sophie had a mouthful of hay 😍
So sorry you've had a stressful time with the buns, don't they pick their times! Glad they are both doing ok now, and hope they enjoy their hay selection. Their photos are beautiful, as always, but Sophie with the hay is pure magic ❤️
Yeah, she looked so cute with her mouth full of hay. 🥰 She gathered it all from her litter tray and then brought it to her favourite house, where she dropped it and then ignored it, haha. I noticed that she had a mouth full of hay in some photos from December another year as well, so maybe it's a seasonal thing?

And thank you, Pets mum. They do have great timing, yes!

I am glad you were able to keep them eating enough to avoid stasis while they waited for their dentals. They made a terrific recovery for older bunnies.
They certainly do not look their age, and they look very healthy in the lovely photos.
They have a wonderful life with you.
Sending you and your bunnies positive vibes.

I am glad you were able to keep them eating enough to avoid stasis while they waited for their dentals. They made a terrific recovery for older bunnies.
They certainly do not look their age, and they look very healthy in the lovely photos.
They have a wonderful life with you.
Sending you and your bunnies positive vibes.
Aw, thank you so much for the kind words and the vibes. They did make a very good recovery. The vet said she and the other vets had recently learned a new way of doing anaesthesia that's easier on the bunnies, so I think that must've helped.

I thought they'd be close to their ideal weight, they look so well ❤️ & you'd never guess they are the age they are
Aw, thank you, j&b. I'm glad you think they look well. Sophie did lose some weight before her dental, but hopefully she'll gain it back soon.

Aw, thank you so much for the kind words and the vibes. They did make a very good recovery. The vet said she and the other vets had recently learned a new way of doing anaesthesia that's easier on the bunnies, so I think that must've helped.

Aw, thank you, j&b. I'm glad you think they look well. Sophie did lose some weight before her dental, but hopefully she'll gain it back soon.
It would be interesting to know how they do the anaesthesia. My Raven cannot have sedation, so they only use gas which increases risk.

I have some new photos. It's been a little while...

Here they're cuddling:

PXL_20240114_192339387.NIGHT.jpg

Sophie's new hobby is moving hay from her litter tray to her house. She spends more time carrying her hay around than eating it!

PXL_20240118_084900241.MP.jpg

More cuddles:

PXL_20240127_184102428.NIGHT (1).jpg

J&B made them a new bed and they really love it 🥰:

PXL_20240212_173223449.NIGHT (1).jpg

PXL_20240210_232802836.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240210_213223995.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240210_205612110.NIGHT.jpg

She made a little one for Casper, too, and he fits perfectly ❤️:

PXL_20240216_211224349.NIGHT.jpg

Sophie likes it, too, even though she's too big 🤣:

PXL_20240212_181650968.NIGHT.jpg

Sophie can't choose so chooses both:

PXL_20240218_191845286.NIGHT.jpg

Oh, I can only attach 10, so the rest of the photos will go in the next post. 🤣

• Love
Reactions: KCG
Casper being long:

PXL_20240221_201900374.NIGHT.jpg

Being long again:

PXL_20240221_203133879.NIGHT.jpg

Sophie wants to be long, too:

PXL_20240225_192935337.NIGHT.jpg

Casper being comfy:

PXL_20240226_064255908.MP.jpg

But then he gets a visitor:

PXL_20240226_070654572.MP.jpg

A treat toy I've had my eye on was on sale this week, so I got it and gave it to them today. They figured it out right away. 🤣 But at least it'll keep them a bit more busy than just eating out of a bowl:

PXL_20240301_185154043.NIGHT.jpg

Aw what a lovely treat to start the day, Casper and Sophie photos 😊 and what beautiful beds, clever girl J & B ! thanks for sharing Reader xx

Aww another beautiful collection of Sophie & Casper photos, I love the little stories . Its nice having this bit of bunny zen in our lives...so beautiful & calming:love:

Also Casper looks massive on that mini hugger 🤣🤣 I think it everytime I see the photo. Now obviously Sophie doesn't look massive on it at all 🤣

Back