• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Unlucky Casper

Popping by to send loads of love to little Casper. i shall be thinking of you all tomorrow. I hope the vet finds something easily treatable

Everything crossed it goes well tomorrow xx

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
Aw, thank you, Graciee. My mum is dropping Casper and Sophie off at the vets now, so hopefully everything will go well this morning and they'll call soon to let me know how it went.

its horrible waiting for the call, I really hope you get to hear soon and its a reassuring update. He's in very good hands

its horrible waiting for the call, I really hope you get to hear soon and its a reassuring update. He's in very good hands
It really is. Thank you. They called a while ago and he's back home now. Everything went well and he's already been eating hay. :love: They did his teeth, and the vet will call later about what they found, and about the x-ray. The vet nurse said they thought he'd bitten his tongue? Poor boy.

I’ve only just seen this, I’m sorry poor Casper has been unwell. Although I’m pleased the vet appointment went well. I’ve never heard of a rabbit biting their tongue.

It really is. Thank you. They called a while ago and he's back home now. Everything went well and he's already been eating hay. :love: They did his teeth, and the vet will call later about what they found, and about the x-ray. The vet nurse said they thought he'd bitten his tongue? Poor boy.

such brilliant news - not that he bit his tongue obviously, poor boy - that must have been painful, just great he's through the GA & already eating hay:love:

Really pleased that Casper is ok after his GA, and is nibbling hay already. Aw poor little tongue, hope you get a good report from vet.

Aw, thank you all so much, everyone. I really appreciate that you all care about my little Casper. :love:

How is Casper today? Did the vet call about what they found?
Aw, thank you for asking. He's eating better, but not as much as usual yet, so I think his mouth is still sore. The vet hasn't called yet, unfortunately, but they said yesterday that he might call today, so I'll be patient...

well done little Casper. He seems to be moving in the right direction. I'd be interested to hear what the vet says - I need some of your patience :lol:

well done little Casper. He seems to be moving in the right direction. I'd be interested to hear what the vet says - I need some of your patience :lol:
Yeah, I think he is, too. I wouldn't say I'm good at being patient, but I don't have much of a choice. :lol: The vet still hasn't called, which is disappointing because they're closed now, so I'll send them a message tomorrow. Maybe he forgot to call...

The vet called this afternoon. He said he'd completely forgotten about calling me, oops. Anyway, it turns out that the wound in Casper's mouth was indeed because of a spur. It had caused a sore spot on his cheek, so I'm not sure why the vet nurse said he'd bitten his tongue... The x-ray was pretty good, too. His lower molar roots are still too long, of course, but there's no sign of infection or loose teeth or an abscess or anything like that, so there's no reason for concern right now.

He's been eating better, too, today; more than he has in the past week. I still have to support him with syringe feeds, though, as he's just not eating enough yet, but he's getting better. :love:

That's really good news, hope his little mouth heals up quickly and he can get back to normal nomming. Sending lots more vibes for him xx

Thats about as good an outcome as you could get really. I am happy youve no new things to be worried about. Glad his munching has increased too. Well done Casper:love:

Back