• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunsk and Belle bonding diary - U/d wooo! Pt 103

Everything seemed ok over night. Humping/chasing started again at about half 6... should they be ok left while I'm at work or not?

When bonding rabbits, preparation is one of the most important things to do this would include having at least 48 = 72 hours clear where they can be watched constantly if required as this is themain time that problems occur.

If you are past this period of time you hopefully will be ok.

When bonding rabbits, preparation is one of the most important things to do this would include having at least 48 = 72 hours clear where they can be watched constantly if required as this is themain time that problems occur.

I am not past this time so what should I do?

Personally I would separate as you do not want to risk injury whilst they are unsupervised.

I would only then try and rebond if you have 48 - 72 hours completely free where someone can stay with the bunnies at all times.

I agree with Janice I'm afraid. :( Especially if there is still humping and chasing.

So is it three days after the last hump/chase or three days from the start?

I know it will depend on each individual bond, but as a rule. Do I need a week free to do bonding or just three days?

(Sorry for the high-jack:oops:)

I would not leave them if they are still at the early stages of bonding, how long have they been together for?

I didn't get to read any of the answers I am sorry.

Feel free to jump on me now, I feel bad already so go ahead.

Every bunny is different and if nothing bad happened then don't feel guilty at all. Sounds like they are progressing with their bond faster than normal, think you said that they are eating side by side etc. Splitting them up last night might have been counter-productive anyway.

Sounds like you are doing a brilliant job, and I am sure that no-one is going to have a go at you, when you are doing something so stressful. :)

I wont jump on you, but i really must warn you, if they fight today and theres nobody there, you could come home to two very seriously hurt bunnies.

I wont jump on you, but i really must warn you, if they fight today and theres nobody there, you could come home to two very seriously hurt bunnies.

They have never fought yet.

My OH is going home at about 1 to check on them, top up hay etc. He will let me know and take action if anything is wrong.

When I left, they were sat next to eachother eating.

(I am not saying what I have done is right here btw)

You made a decision that you thought was right with a limited amount of information available to you at that time (ie. nobody had replied); nobody would jump on you for that. :)

They may well both be fine when you get home; all advice to seperate was given because you can never be 100% certain of that when a bond is so very new.

I think it's also important to make that point because, even though the advice is too late for you, it may help someone else in the same boat in the future.

You made a decision that you thought was right with a limited amount of information available to you at that time (ie. nobody had replied); nobody would jump on you for that. :)

They may well both be fine when you get home; all advice to seperate was given because you can never be 100% certain of that when a bond is so very new.

I think it's also important to make that point because, even though the advice is too late for you, it may help someone else in the same boat in the future.

Thank you for understanding, I hope people will learn from my thread too, thats why I am posting the whole thing.

good luck with the continued bonding, hope it carries on going well :)

wish you'd said you needed to go to work earlier, i could have come through and sat with them for you while you were at work xx

Back