• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Olly and Molly... U/D dating approach failed too o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I am dreading it :(
They have now been living side by side for 3 weeks in the lounge, so they are used to each others' presence. Olly has even stopped sleeping in his house and started sleeping next to the mesh where Molly sits :love: i think this is a good sign... :?

This weekend is the only chance i have to bond them for quite a while, it is the only time i can get off work, so please don't have a go, saying it's too soon! Molly was spayed 5 weeks ago; I know ideally i should wait longer, but like i said, it's now or a long way off.

I have thoroughly neutralised Olly's room and set up an NIC pen, 3x2 panels. I am so worried about the whole thing. Molly goes mental if caged for too long, after spending her whole life in a tiny hutch, and Olly isn't great due to his head tilt. I am going to put in loads of hay, a water bowl and bottle, and just see how it goes.

I have had advice about slower bonding methods, ie. swapping them between each other's pens daily etc, but that would really unsettle Olly - he needs familiarity, the last thing I want to do is unnerve him. So i think this is the only way. I am going to start after their 'active' time in the morning, so hopefully they will be relatively tired. I am so worried Molly will attack him.. If Olly just submits straight away it will be fine, but i think he might want to hump her, knowing my Olly :roll:

Please think of us and send happy bonding vibes!!! :shock:

Last edited:
I am dreading it :(
They have now been living side by side for 3 weeks in the lounge, so they are used to each others' presence. Olly has even stopped sleeping in his house and started sleeping next to the mesh where Molly sits :love: i think this is a good sign... :?

This weekend is the only chance i have to bond them for quite a while, it is the only time i can get off work, so please don't have a go, saying it's too soon! Molly was spayed 5 weeks ago; I know ideally i should wait longer, but like i said, it's now or a long way off.

I have thoroughly neutralised Olly's room and set up an NIC pen, 3x2 panels. I am so worried about the whole thing. Molly goes mental if caged for too long, after spending her whole life in a tiny hutch, and Olly isn't great due to his head tilt. I am going to put in loads of hay, a water bowl and bottle, and just see how it goes.

I have had advice about slower bonding methods, ie. swapping them between each other's pens daily etc, but that would really unsettle Olly - he needs familiarity, the last thing I want to do is unnerve him. So i think this is the only way. I am going to start after their 'active' time in the morning, so hopefully they will be relatively tired. I am so worried Molly will attack him.. If Olly just submits straight away it will be fine, but i think he might want to hump her, knowing my Olly :roll:

Please think of us and send happy bonding vibes!!! :shock:

Good luck! :D
I'm sure they'll love each other. :love:

It sounds like you've planned it well. I don't think it's too soon, but then again, I let mine meet each other supervised after a couple of days and had no problems after the humping stopped.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I have to laugh....I have an Oli and his best friend/betrothed is a Molly! :lol::lol:

Good luck with the bonding xx

Good luck, really hope it goes well for you. Please keep us updated if you have the time! :thumb:

All the best and brightest bonding vibes for your wee pair of lovebirds ((((((((Molly & Olly))))))))) xxxx
Oh I really hope this goes well! :D I agree the snorgling together through the pens is a good sign. I hope it works out beautifully and quickly. :love:
((((((Calming hugs))))))) for all of you, and I'll pass you a glass of wine too! ;)

Pippa and Dipsy were the same lying next to each other but with panels inbetween, so I'm sure that is a good sign. One day over 4 months ago, Dipsy broke out when Pippa was on her free-range time, and they just ran to each other, and were licking each others faces, and then running round together like they had always been a couple :shock: and I was sat choking on my cup of tea :lol::lol: No neutralising, no nothing, hadn't even planned on bonding them, and they still haven't had a single fall-out or anything. Guess it was just meant to be :love::love:

Well we are one hour in :D it is totally not as i predicted!! Olly was being the naughty one and trying to hump Molly all the time at first, and I couldn't believe that she didn't turn round and bite him!! She growled at him a lot and they were circling, both trying to hump each other, and I had to keep pushing Olly off her face :roll: I am so proud of Molly for being so good!! I calmed them both down by stroking them at the same time, and Molly cleaned Olly's eyes for him!! :shock: I can't believe it! They have both had a wash, Olly is now chillin' and Molly is doing what she normally does, ie. ripping up all the newspaper and generally trashing the place! I'm really feeling positive now! :D

20130524_114942_zps6c8e00fb.jpg

Last edited:
Well we are one hour in :D it is totally not as i predicted!! Olly was being the naughty one and trying to hump Molly all the time at first, and I couldn't believe that she didn't turn round and bite him!! She growled at him a lot and they were circling, both trying to hump each other, and I had to keep pushing Olly off her face :roll: I am so proud of Molly for being so good!! I calmed them both down by stroking them at the same time, and Molly cleaned Olly's eyes for him!! :shock: I can't believe it! They have both had a wash, Olly is now chillin' and Molly is doing what she normally does, ie. ripping up all the newspaper and generally trashing the place! I'm really feeling positive now! :D

20130524_114942_zps6c8e00fb.jpg

This looks really good :D I hope it continues so well and they end up loving each other big time x

My 2 bunnies were bonded within a couple of hours from when i bought Bella home. They will not go anywhere without eachother now. Good luck :) i hope it goes well xx

Thanks everyone :wave: they have both settled down for a snooze now :love: at opposite ends of the pen but facing each other :love:
They've done lots of sniffing noses, Molly seems obsessed with Olly's eyes though :? I know he has a tilty head and his down eye isn't really visible, perhaps she realises something is wrong with him, that's why she's being nice?

20130524_130711_zps1fddc24f.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so Olly is being naughty again, relentlessly tring to hump her :( she is naturally getting annoyed and i have to keep holding him off. At one point i pulled him off and then they sat snuggled up for ages, so that is good surely? And he has been washing her ears :love: he just needs to stop the humping and it will be fine!

Am so pleased that there are some positive signs. I am sending some anti-humping vibes.

My Gabriel was obsessed with humping when we tried to bond him last year. Thankfully Spring was less bothered by it than me. I got so fed up with him and desperate I started to use some of the Bach Flower Essences in their water. (Really organic brandy :shock:with a hint of flower essence ). Whether it was a co-incidence or not Gabriel's humping did start to stop.

Back