• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Olly and Molly... U/D dating approach failed too o(

Ten hours in :D I didn't expect them to make it past half an hour! :shock: You never can tell...
I think it's getting better. Olly is still being a sex pest but not for as long, he gives up sooner when i keep pushing him off. Molly generally just runs away, but if he's particularly persistent she turns and growls and shows her teeth :lol: she has tried to grab him a few times which put him off a bit, i think he's learning, slowly! Olly has done a lot of fur pulling too while he's been humping her, poor Molly :( I have felt quite sorry for her today, I told her Olly was a nice bunny!!
They've just been munching some hay and dried plantain together :love: and now she's washing his eyes again :love:

Hope all goes well. I put Herbie & Hollie in a smaller cage to begin with, probably about 2/3rds the size. Made them lie together more. They two had a fair bit of chasing, grunting & nipping but I always just shouted 'NO' and they stopped.

I sympathise as I know from recent experience how stressful it is!

Bonding vibes from me xx

Hope all goes well. I put Herbie & Hollie in a smaller cage to begin with, probably about 2/3rds the size. Made them lie together more. They two had a fair bit of chasing, grunting & nipping but I always just shouted 'NO' and they stopped.

I sympathise as I know from recent experience how stressful it is!

Bonding vibes from me xx

hiya :wave: yes ideally the pen would have been smaller to start with, but with Olly's head tilt he doesn't cope very well in very small spaces, so I had to do it like this. Thanks for the vibes! :wave:

The first few days Benji was obsessed with trying to hump April, but he calmed down a lot after that, it's just normal I think :)
Now she even tries to hump him sometimes..

Olly has been very naughty all night :( I'm exhausted and just need some sleep. He sits down for 5 or 10 mins then goes after her again. She's looking a bit depressed :( I'm really cross with him now. He's not just humping her, he tries to nip at her underneath, which must hurt her :( 9 times out of 10 I pull him off, but he's just not giving up. Just as I close my eyes he starts again.

Oh dear naughty Olly :( I've never done any bonding so I can't give any advice at all :oops: but hope you are ok. Is there anyone else who can take over as referee and watch them while you try to get some sleep?

Oh dear naughty Olly :( I've never done any bonding so I can't give any advice at all :oops: but hope you are ok. Is there anyone else who can take over as referee and watch them while you try to get some sleep?

No :( my OH is going playing golf today :( I'm really going to struggle! Daisy and Digby (outside buns) won't even get their free range time :cry: feeling rubbish now.

Oh dear :( is there anyone else you could ask? Friend, relative, or is there anyone on here who is local to you? Otherwise, have you got any pro plus? For you not the rabbits :lol: hopefully some of the bonding experts will be able to advise what's best to do because obviously you need your sleep....

Oh dear :( is there anyone else you could ask? Friend, relative, or is there anyone on here who is local to you? Otherwise, have you got any pro plus? For you not the rabbits :lol: hopefully some of the bonding experts will be able to advise what's best to do because obviously you need your sleep....

Thanks, but no there isn't :(

Oh dear, well hopefully someone who knows about bonding will have a solution for you while you get some rest. I wonder if you could split them temporarily with a mesh panel only between them to stop him getting at her while you sleep, but so they still have contact? But like I say Ive never done any bonding so I really am useless to you :lol: :oops: but you've got a free bump anyway :oops::lol:

They'll probably calm down and sleep all day after keeping you awake all night.

Please don't give up now, it could set you back. Keep going, it sounds really good.

Mega bonding vibes. Xxx

What sort of space are they in now? If you have changed things, for example making their space bigger, it might be worth going back a few steps to see if that will settle them. Have they got a litter tray? One feeding place? Try scatter feeding everything and take out any toys they might try and fight over.

Have you tried a water spray? I know it sounds awful but it won't hurt - it just distracts them and they end up a little wet. I know Olly is a head tilt bun and you'll feel bad but maybe just a couple of times will make him stop and think?

I really hope they settle down today and you get some rest x

What sort of space are they in now? If you have changed things, for example making their space bigger, it might be worth going back a few steps to see if that will settle them. Have they got a litter tray? One feeding place? Try scatter feeding everything and take out any toys they might try and fight over.

Thanks. It's as basic as it gets. I haven't increased anything; the pen is a little larger than I would start with normally, but I did that because of Olly's head tilt - he struggles in small spaces. No toys, no litter tray, a water bowl and a bottle. They are fine at feeding time when I scatter feed. I just know Molly will get sick of him sooner or later, he's being a real pest :( just been in tears :cry: it is calm at the moment as he's tired. But I feel rubbish aswell because I can't go and see to Daisy and Digby :cry: OH is going to do it when he's had a shower, but they won't see him for long as he's going playing golf :( Daisy will probably get sick because she does if she doesn't get attention :(
So stressed and upset :(

Have you tried a water spray? I know it sounds awful but it won't hurt - it just distracts them and they end up a little wet. I know Olly is a head tilt bun and you'll feel bad but maybe just a couple of times will make him stop and think?

I really hope they settle down today and you get some rest x

No I would never do that x

Thanks. It's as basic as it gets. I haven't increased anything; the pen is a little larger than I would start with normally, but I did that because of Olly's head tilt - he struggles in small spaces. No toys, no litter tray, a water bowl and a bottle. They are fine at feeding time when I scatter feed. I just know Molly will get sick of him sooner or later, he's being a real pest :( just been in tears :cry: it is calm at the moment as he's tired. But I feel rubbish aswell because I can't go and see to Daisy and Digby :cry: OH is going to do it when he's had a shower, but they won't see him for long as he's going playing golf :( Daisy will probably get sick because she does if she doesn't get attention :(
So stressed and upset :(

If you need a break to get some sanity can you pop one of them in another space? I wouldn't normally advise splitting them when you've gotten so far but you need to stay sane. Even half an hour in a carrier with hay and greens while you nip out and see the other two. Just so you can stop worrying about them and have a wee while away from them to clear your head.

Well as I predicted Molly has just flipped and retaliated :cry: they were clinging onto each other and going round in circles :cry: I stopped them and Olly is having a wash now, and Molly is munching hay. Until the next time :( I don't know about splitting them for a bit :? I don't know where to go from here really. If Olly doesn't stop this by Monday I'll have to split them, as I'm back at work on tues :( when I've bonded before it hasn't lasted more than a couple of days, but I think Olly is worse now :(

Well as I predicted Molly has just flipped and retaliated :cry: they were clinging onto each other and going round in circles :cry: I stopped them and Olly is having a wash now, and Molly is munching hay. Until the next time :( I don't know about splitting them for a bit :? I don't know where to go from here really. If Olly doesn't stop this by Monday I'll have to split them, as I'm back at work on tues :( when I've bonded before it hasn't lasted more than a couple of days, but I think Olly is worse now :(

That sort of fighting is getting very serious and if there is another I would seriously consider splitting them. It sounds like they are getting worse instead of better. I hope it was a one off and they start to behave now that she has told him off. Fingers crossed.

Back