• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Olly and Molly... U/D dating approach failed too o(

I don't have any experience or advice to offer, but am so hoping this works out for you and your buns. So sending loads of calming, bonding vibes for Olly & Molly and keep calm and keep sane vibes for you.:love:

That sort of fighting is getting very serious and if there is another I would seriously consider splitting them. It sounds like they are getting worse instead of better. I hope it was a one off and they start to behave now that she has told him off. Fingers crossed.

I know :cry:

I just can't believe it's taken her so long, she's been so good and so tolerant :( she hasn't done anything wrong :cry: I can't take her back, that would be awful :cry:

I don't have any experience or advice to offer, but am so hoping this works out for you and your buns. So sending loads of calming, bonding vibes for Olly & Molly and keep calm and keep sane vibes for you.:love:

Thank you :wave:

I just wanted to post these pics so you can see why I haven't given up hope yet... Since Molly turned on Olly it has calmed down a lot, maybe just because it's sleepy time, but hopefully because they do like each other a bit... Olly was just sat there all sleepy, and Molly went and flopped next to him :love: :love: It's awful these early stages of bonding, I always feel like giving up, but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end...

And this was Olly after tiring himself out...

:roll: :lol:

When i've been bonding if i've got a serial humper i will split them for an hour or two but in the same pen. I think you really need to reduce space. I know you say Olly doesn't cope well but if he is a bit unsure it may help? You might only need to do it for an hour or so.

I just wanted to post these pics so you can see why I haven't given up hope yet... Since Molly turned on Olly it has calmed down a lot, maybe just because it's sleepy time, but hopefully because they do like each other a bit... Olly was just sat there all sleepy, and Molly went and flopped next to him :love: :love: It's awful these early stages of bonding, I always feel like giving up, but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end...

And this was Olly after tiring himself out...

:roll: :lol:

If there was no hope surely they wouldn't cuddle up like this - it's lovely to see them snoozing together.

Hope that this is a really good sign xx :D

No I would never do that x

It was Fat Fluffs that told me that using squirting them with water calms down fights. I only did this twice to Flopsy as he would just not stop humping Cadbury. After the second time I felt so bad that I picked him up for a cuddle and dried him off. Funny thing was that when I put him back he immediately starting washing Cadbury and has behaved ever since.

I did find the whole bonding thing so stressful so I really feel for you at the mo x

They look so cute together :love:

Please don't give up they are doing so well, and really do seem to like each other, I mean look at their pics of them eating and laying together, they are just beautiful buns, and as Molly is licking his eyes for him such a lot, that is such a good start. To be honest, with everything going so well, and I know you are very tired and tearful, but I really think you should leave them set up as they are and I really wouldn't risk upsetting Olly by squirting him or anything, because they really are doing brilliantly. All this humping as I understand it, isn't a sexual thing, it's about asserting themselves, and familiarising themselves with each other, and I actually think it was a good thing that Molly told Olly off, because it did put him in his place and get better.

I really think you just need to observe from afar, because if they were going to tear each other to bits that would have happened by now. They are doing great :thumb: I think you are understandably a bit overly anxious about it because of Olly's head tilt, but your being so anxious is probably why it would be a good idea to move away a bit. Honestly the pics of them together are just beautiful and they really wouldn't be sleeping like that, and Molly doing Olly's eyes if they didn't like each other.

I really wouldn't split them, because then when you put them back together the humping will be really bad again, and I wouldn't want to risk a fall-out because Molly has just had enough. If you leave them how they are now, with them doing so well they will just continue to settle down together. Go and make yourself a cup of tea, move into the next room, they might be picking up on your anxiety, I don't know which room they are in, but if there is , a settee in there, then have a sleep on it. The first couple of nights Dipsy and Pippa were together, I slept on the settee.

Give them a couple more hours with you about, but then go and see to your outdoors buns and let them have some time out, then you won't be feeling bad about them. Honestly, I think the bonding is going so well, and they really do seem to like each other, and I wouldn't rock the boat now, and potentially upset them. Anyway, they have come so far now, why not just give them some space, from you I mean, and let them just be bunnies getting to know one another. Surely, you wouldn't want to put yourself through all this again, so just let them get to know each other now.

I know they are doing alright, and I agree it was good that Molly put him in his place :thumb: but i really expected Molly to be the one to be dominating, and after her being so lovely, it's been awful to watch Olly going at her all the time :( I have my mattress on the floor in their room :lol: not that it's had much use! They are just chilling now, so it might be a good time to get my head down too...

Please don't give up they are doing so well, and really do seem to like each other, I mean look at their pics of them eating and laying together, they are just beautiful buns, and as Molly is licking his eyes for him such a lot, that is such a good start. To be honest, with everything going so well, and I know you are very tired and tearful, but I really think you should leave them set up as they are and I really wouldn't risk upsetting Olly by squirting him or anything, because they really are doing brilliantly. All this humping as I understand it, isn't a sexual thing, it's about asserting themselves, and familiarising themselves with each other, and I actually think it was a good thing that Molly told Olly off, because it did put him in his place and get better.

I really think you just need to observe from afar, because if they were going to tear each other to bits that would have happened by now. They are doing great :thumb: I think you are understandably a bit overly anxious about it because of Olly's head tilt, but your being so anxious is probably why it would be a good idea to move away a bit. Honestly the pics of them together are just beautiful and they really wouldn't be sleeping like that, and Molly doing Olly's eyes if they didn't like each other.

I really wouldn't split them, because then when you put them back together the humping will be really bad again, and I wouldn't want to risk a fall-out because Molly has just had enough. If you leave them how they are now, with them doing so well they will just continue to settle down together. Go and make yourself a cup of tea, move into the next room, they might be picking up on your anxiety, I don't know which room they are in, but if there is , a settee in there, then have a sleep on it. The first couple of nights Dipsy and Pippa were together, I slept on the settee.

Give them a couple more hours with you about, but then go and see to your outdoors buns and let them have some time out, then you won't be feeling bad about them. Honestly, I think the bonding is going so well, and they really do seem to like each other, and I wouldn't rock the boat now, and potentially upset them. Anyway, they have come so far now, why not just give them some space, from you I mean, and let them just be bunnies getting to know one another. Surely, you wouldn't want to put yourself through all this again, so just let them get to know each other now.

Awesome post

Is there any update? I've been hooked on this for ages, since you first got your black bunny!:D So hope it's continuing to go well!

I am on the verge of splitting them :cry: Molly isn't tolerating it anymore and is really going for him, but he isn't getting the message :( I can see somebun getting really hurt and I can't let that happen :( I don't think I can get through a whole night like this.

Can you just put something in between them so they can still see each other but not get at each other?

Can you just put something in between them so they can still see each other but not get at each other?

Well I could just take them back downstairs to their divided pen where they've spent the last 3 weeks :? But not sure about after that!! Molly's so lovely, it wasn't her fault, she's just got sick of him pestering her :( it would be heartbreaking taking her back to the rescue and back to her hutch :cry:

I wouldn't take them back downstairs. If you need sleep i would try and find a temporary way of separating. She might just need a break. I have done this before and still been successful.In fact when i woke up they were back snuggled together.

Back