• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boo

thanks everyone, its more than a bit rough looking but I was just impressed i managed to get it together with just a stanley knife. I get this lot of boxes quite regularly with jar orders so we can expand..only so far she has trialled it a few times but its not her fave thing at all

I missed this :) Who needs MPH eh :lol: My two love cardboard boxes :love:

They do get eaten but over a very long time, so I'm not that concerned. They go through phases with them. First phase is to enlarge any holes and create any additional ones deemed desirable. They like two holes strategically placed so that they can zoom through. I particularly like it that I can stuff hay inside and they don't use it as a toilet. The phase they they seem to love the most is right at the end of the box's life when it won't even hold itself up properly. Then, particularly Froe, enjoys bouncing it up and down on his head.

Mine, I'm afraid, are just boxes though. They are not stylish like Boo's :)

aww, she made the door bigger like Omi said but now just sits in it loafing :( She looks so sad in there. Sure I'm just projecting as I don't think she looks at all sad flopping in her hugger bed when the reality she is still equally alone. Anyhow I keep waking up in the night to hear Bob whispering sweet nothings to Boo:lol:. I'm jealous - why does she go to him for loves more than me.

Bought her a box of fibafirst for early morning distractions. Its massive (1 kilo) - were they always that big? It'll take her a year to get through

aww, she made the door bigger like Omi said but now just sits in it loafing :( She looks so sad in there. Sure I'm just projecting as I don't think she looks at all sad flopping in her hugger bed when the reality she is still equally alone. Anyhow I keep waking up in the night to hear Bob whispering sweet nothings to Boo:lol:. I'm jealous - why does she go to him for loves more than me.

Bought her a box of fibafirst for early morning distractions. Its massive (1 kilo) - were they always that big? It'll take her a year to get through

Oh bless Bob, that really made me smile, she's a bit of a daddy's girl, but sure she loves you just as much :love:

Aww, Boo. Are you planning on bonding her to a new bunny, or do you think that would be difficult with her being blind and deaf? (not trying to pressure you any way, just wondering.) At least she has Bob if she wants some loves at night. :lol: I would be jealous she goes to him more, too, aww. Like Pets mum said, though, I'm sure she loves you just as much. :love:

They used to sell smaller boxes years ago, but they stopped for some reason.

Oh, I'm sure she isn't sad, she is a human-orientated bunny so I'm sure she is coping well with her humans.

The talks of hugger beds reminded me. You offered to make one for Arthur (thank you). I gave the little **** a beautiful pet bed, freshly laundered, while I did a round trip to CLV. When I got home (like less then 2 hours later) the bed was completely wrecked.. there was about 30 chunks of foam strewed all over the floor and the side wall completely gone. He definitely doesn't warrant having anything carefully handcrafted to destroy!

Last edited:
ahhh Reader I'm so at a loss with what to do re: getting a friend for Boo. I am a little worried she will be difficult to bond owing to her disabilities but I'm more worried about whether it would be fair on the new boy as she pretty much sleeps all the time so life would be boring for him - unless I got an old sleepy boy but (v selfishly) I can't face the prospect of losing an extra bunny. Its very frustrating as I'm pretty confident I could rebond Boo & Mouse, they are very similar on activity levels. when they were a trio the girls were super snuggly but Boo would chase Mouse on occassion. I don't think Boo would chase now but the issue is Mouse is too unsteady (I think) to share her space with another moving thing. In all honesty I may wait til Mouse goes then could have Boo & new bun at the heart of the home so he could run everywhere & interact with us. Might make up for having a boring wife?

Oh, I'm sure she isn't sad, she is a human-orientated bunny so I'm sure she is coping well with her humans.

The talks of hugger beds reminded me. You offered to make one for Arthur (thank you). I gave the little **** a beautiful pet bed, freshly laundered, while I did a round trip to CLV. When I got home (like less then 2 hours later) the bed was completely wrecked.. there was about 30 chunks of foam strewed all over the floor and the side walk completely gone. He definitely doesn't warrant having anything carefully handcrafted to destroy!

:lol::lol: you go boy, i like a bunny with spirit

From what I've heard about Boo, I think it seems she is taking what she wants from life atm and is therefore probably content. I agree with your thoughts on bonding her. I'm sure that an elderly bunny could live quite happily with a much younger one, but I'm not sure it's ideal and I'm also not sure it's fair for either as their activity levels are usually so different. Being honest also, I wouldn't want to adopt an older bunny with little time left unless I had lots more rabbits.

Re Fibafirst, yes they only seem to be available in the larger boxes now. When I was working out their pellet ration after Froe arrived I was also surprised to find that each Fibafirst stick weighs approx 13g. I'm sure they are larger now. My two get two each per day plus 2 eggcupfuls of pellets per day, which weigh approx 56g. So the Fibafirst makes up a large proportion of their daily dried food.

ahhh Reader I'm so at a loss with what to do re: getting a friend for Boo. I am a little worried she will be difficult to bond owing to her disabilities but I'm more worried about whether it would be fair on the new boy as she pretty much sleeps all the time so life would be boring for him - unless I got an old sleepy boy but (v selfishly) I can't face the prospect of losing an extra bunny. Its very frustrating as I'm pretty confident I could rebond Boo & Mouse, they are very similar on activity levels. when they were a trio the girls were super snuggly but Boo would chase Mouse on occassion. I don't think Boo would chase now but the issue is Mouse is too unsteady (I think) to share her space with another moving thing. In all honesty I may wait til Mouse goes then could have Boo & new bun at the heart of the home so he could run everywhere & interact with us. Might make up for having a boring wife?
Ah, those are all really understandable worries... Boo would not be a great match for a younger bunny who wants to play a lot, I think, and I can see why you can't deal emotionally with the idea of getting an old bunny who you will lose within a few years. I wondered if you had been thinking of maybe rebonding Boo and Mouse. With Mousey being so unsteady, having a moving friend around might not be nice for her, no... Your idea of waiting until Mouse goes and then having Boo and her future friend downstairs so he'll have human company and lots of space to run around sounds like it could work if you can keep the younger bunny busy. Well, it's an important decision, so there's no need to rush. Just take your time.

Thanks Omi & reader for your kind & considered replies. I'm glad you both agree it wouldn't be fair having a young energetic bun with boobly (stuck upstairs). Even Joey was getting bored & he was nearly 11 - I think i posted on here about it.

i like to think boo sleeps so much because her dream world is nice. She can definitely hear in her dreams (well I assume so as when dreaming her ears move like a hearing bunny) so maybe she can see in them too

Thanks Omi & reader for your kind & considered replies. I'm glad you both agree it wouldn't be fair having a young energetic bun with boobly (stuck upstairs). Even Joey was getting bored & he was nearly 11 - I think i posted on here about it.

i like to think boo sleeps so much because her dream world is nice. She can definitely hear in her dreams (well I assume so as when dreaming her ears move like a hearing bunny) so maybe she can see in them too

Oh bless her, yes bet she has lovely dreamies :love:

took a taxi with Boo today to more local vet (& thank goodness she is deaf as the taxi driver was playing his "talking to god" stuff so loudly it made my ears hurt & I had to request he turned it down)

I'd booked with the head vet & rabbit clinical lead - unfortunately I couldn't go in but she was gone a long time, covered in white fur when she emerged & from what she reported back had a thorough check up. So vaccinations done, is her usual 2.5k, tushy pegs looked fine, nothing "active" looking in her eyes, good body condition. I liked that she talked to me a fair bit about getting Boo a friend.

In the taxi home I opened the carrier door to give Boo a reassuring stroke & thought whats wrong with her tail, why is it so high...unless...yep she peed & thanks to me opening the carrier door she left her mark on the taxi seat

oh I missed the best bit, she said Boo was a right softie on the consulting table, said its very surprising she is so chilled out being deaf & blind & in unfamiliar place. That's my Boobly Bear :love:

Back