• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blueberry muffin vibes please...UPDATE ..thursday

Sending really good vibes to Blue. I hope it all goes well tomorrow. I know how you are feeling and he is in the best hands. Vibes, vibes, vibes to you and Blue xx

thank you ....:)

i have been on a rollercoaster of decisions and emotions today ... :(

one min i think i should let him go ...another i think i should keep fighting to keep him ...:?

in all honesty i realy dont know what to do ... :(

This may not be any help, but could he get an ECG. when we took Misty (19.5year old cat) into the vets, the vet said her heart was very irratic, so she went in for x-rays and an ECG. They all came back normal, and her 'only' problem was arthritis in her sternum and back, hence the reason she was lying around all the time - right in front of the radiator. I don't know why her heart was misbehaving, but it was an experienced vet who was listening so she must have been having a funny day or a bit stressed to have been dragged away from her comfy bed.
Good luck with Blue anyway.

i still have my big boy with me for now :love:

saw a different vet who did a very thorough exam of his mouth ...

she doesnt seem to think his spurs on his teeth are causing probs at the moment ....more that it is the fact that his mouth is still extremely sore from last time ..

good news is that there is no puss ...no abccecces to contend with ...a big fear i had :?

We are going to realy try building him up with syringe feeding ....i am also going to bring him inside for a couple of hours every afternoon without Hope and try and tempt him to eat by himself ... this afternoon i have seen him eat a bit of tomato ,a little mix and a couple of grapes .

ive also got him on fibreplex .

gunna syringe feed 3 or 4 times too .

As for his heart ... vet mentioned ECG . she is going to talk to her colleage about it as she hasnt done one on a rabbit....but priority is to try and stop him losing more weight before we can do anything else that is not urgent .

when he does need another dental they are going to use gas instead of injectable GA ...to see if he comes round better ... ..
of course with his heart not being right there is a risk he wont come round at all...but that is something to worry about in a week or so.

...for now im just going to give him loads of love ...and as much food as i can :love:

Back