• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

black bunny appreciation thread

I have two blacks and a black otter and I think they're beautiful.
I've said this a lot on here before but I never really went for black pets but have ended up with a black mouse, a black and white mouse, a black hen, a black dog and 3 black rabbits. I love all of them and have developed a real appreciation for how gorgeous black animals are.

my favourite black bunny photo :love:
35203_448403969362_510329362_6043300_7116276_n.jpg

Lovely photo :love: I didn't know you could get black hens?! :shock: :love:

People have said to me black and white animals are 'boring' and 'plain' colours :( This, I think, is so not true! I love black animals, I especially have a soft spot for black piggies :love: They have such lovely, sleek coats :) Only down side is you can't see them in the dark :lol: I have a white rat and one that used to be mostly black when she was younger and they used to play fight and I could see the white one running around when it was dark but the mostly black one I couldn't see! :lol: Battlekat that picture is absoluotely gorgeous! :love: I also have black hens :)

I had no idea black buns were so hard to home :shock: they are beautiful! I thought the white ones, especially the red eyed ones, were harder to home as a lot of people don't like this. I think all your black buns look absolutely gorgeous!! :love: My bun is classed as orange, how about that for a colour :lol:

I have a beautiful black bun who gets a LOT of compliments - but I think it's because of the fur as she's a Rex. I think she's just stunning, she has such a delicate face.

4-6-2010044.jpg

I had no idea black buns were so hard to home :shock: they are beautiful! I thought the white ones, especially the red eyed ones, were harder to home as a lot of people don't like this. I think all your black buns look absolutely gorgeous!! :love: My bun is classed as orange, how about that for a colour :lol:

I used to think this too, until I joined RU and found that rescues find agouti and blacks harder to rehome. I can imagine your orange bun would go down well, not many of them about :lol: Is he/she a Thrianta?

Black bunnies are awesome :love: They have a beautiful blue sheen to their fur unlike any other colour :love::love::love:

pudding&pie2.jpg

They also make very good Disapproving Rabbits :lol:

disapprovingbunnies.jpg

Last edited:
So many gorgeous black buns in this thread! :love:

Here are my black buns...

Billy:
Billy1b.jpg

Blair:
BlairUp1b.jpg

They look great in the snow! :D Not so easy to spot in the dark though! :lol:

Last edited:
No they're not easy to spot in the dark - and we've nearly tripped over Jack more times than I can count 'cos of his invisibility! :lol:

Some really stunning rabbits on here. :love: :love: xx

We fell for Jack because he was black lol. I'd shown John tons of pics of rabbits to try and entice him but it was only when he first saw the pics of Jack that Angie had posted that he said "I could really take to him" - and it went from there..... with a little encouragement from Angie I have to say. Hollie is a cutie-pie but Jack is my first ever rabbit and well - I'm just a little bit in love with him!! ;) xx

NaffertonClumbersnow417.jpg

RabbitsOutdoors049.jpg

RabbitsOutdoors051.jpg

I don't understand it. I have had 2 beautiful black bunnies - Dusty and Daisy. I think the same is true with dogs and certainly there are many black greyhounds looking for homes - we love them.

Hanlou, Jack just has the most beautiful face :love: black bunnies look like they should be in bunny shampoo ads :D always so sleek and shiny

know what you mean about being difficult to see them in the dark hanlou! i'm always wearing my black furry slipper boots and as eric often sits right at my feet, he's been 'near missed' quite a few times:roll:

I used to think this too, until I joined RU and found that rescues find agouti and blacks harder to rehome. I can imagine your orange bun would go down well, not many of them about :lol: Is he/she a Thrianta?

She's a mini lop, very similar colour to a Thrianta but with a white belly and tail :D

I really don't understand it, black rabbits are beautiful. I have always wanted one, and last Friday I bought home my very own :love::love:

IMG_3189.jpg

(she is never closed in that, I use it as her litter tray :))

Hanlou, Jack just has the most beautiful face :love:

Awwww thank you! :love: xx

He has a very wise sort of face. He is a clever bunny - always alert and cautious and looking at you as if he knows exactly what you're thinking. Whereas Hollie is a bit, well, 'air-headed' lol. ;)

Black bunnies are my favourite
Here's the one and only black bunny

Mr Squidgy (now at RB :cry:)
DSC00356-1.jpg

Pepper
IMG00167-20110129-1442.jpg

And foster bunnies
Kanika (now in her new home)
IMG00334-20100814-1217.jpg

and Sonny
sonny1.jpg

Marmite (in my siggy), a black otter rex, was and always will be my fave. Hence my name! :lol:

Sssshh don't tell the others! ;)

Look at the black rabbit in watership down...it's the grim reaper of rabbits! I've still got a tattoo of it though!

I can't understand why people don't want them.

Back