• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bertie out of sorts, advice please? U/D She's gone :'(

It was GI stasis. I've had it before with my others and managed to pull them round but something went seriously wrong yesterday inside poor Bert :( I spent yesterday feeding her just what she wanted and trying to get her moving and she had an injection at the vets to get it moving again.

I actually had an idea yesterday after the vets, even though the vet seemed optimistic that she would recover, her poor tummy was churning and gurgling and her poos were few and caked to her :( I left her eating some carrots and when I went back in a bit later she was dead :( Poor lady.

She was such a lovely bunny, always wanting attention and more like a dog than a bunny. I loved her very much and so did Wilm.

He's avoiding his pellets this morning - there's no chance this could be related is there? I mean in terms of the food?

Oh hon. I'm so sorry.
It could just be that he's missing her. Blue went off his food a little when Ollie left us.
thinking of you both.
xx

I would take him just in case. personally. Elaine had a bout of stasis in her bunnies due to getting veg from somewhere different.

Back