• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beano and Gordon booked in for dentals UD gordon not doing so well

Thank you. Vets have just rang, he's moving about more and looks less miserable but is still reluctant to eat so he's been having critical care. He's not had any hay but had a tiny nibble on herbs and a little slice of carrot so I need eating vibes for him :( Beano is back to her usual self and is nomming everything, even pellets again so I am happy about that.

Goodness what an ordeal poor Gordon is having. I really hope that he will improve throughout the day. It has to be a positive sign that he made it through the critical hours after the haemorrhage. He obviously has a strong heart and a fighting spirit. Lots of vibes being sent xx

Thank you. Vets have just rang, he's moving about more and looks less miserable but is still reluctant to eat so he's been having critical care. He's not had any hay but had a tiny nibble on herbs and a little slice of carrot so I need eating vibes for him :( Beano is back to her usual self and is nomming everything, even pellets again so I am happy about that.

So sorry to hear this. I really hope he picks up soon. I expect he will come back with a pack of antibiotics and painkillers x

Thank you. Yes he's already on antibiotics and pain killers so will continue those at home. Beano is on metacam too. Will need to remember to ask how long I need to keep giving them both pain killers after a dental. He has been picking at bits of hay so hopefully will be able to collect them tonight and see if he picks up here.

Thank you. Yes he's already on antibiotics and pain killers so will continue those at home. Beano is on metacam too. Will need to remember to ask how long I need to keep giving them both pain killers after a dental. He has been picking at bits of hay so hopefully will be able to collect them tonight and see if he picks up here.

I really feel for you. It's such a worry and with Buns having to keep on eating - extra pressure!

Perhaps a few soaked pellets or grated veg for his sore mouth, if needed. Pail killers are truly wonderful things for rabbits!

Your really are having a bad time, I hope Gordon picks up soon. Maybe he misses his home comforts and when you get him home he might start eating. I know my rabbit hates being away from me. Sending vibes xx

Thank you, they're back now and beano is acting fine Gordon is a little quieter than usual but he's been eating more, including hay! :)

Good to read such a positive update. I always think of the poor vet in those situations too, I'm sure they will be greatly relieved too.

Thank you :) Yes I thought about the vet too, he was really good explaining to me what happened over the phone and then when I went to see them he drew a diagram of his tooth and what happened!

Back