• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus unwell again :(

Thanks everyone, been hanging out with him all day, really missed him tbh, we've had some cuddles and he's groomed me a little, started eating some hay and veg we got him this afternoon, I'm hoping he'll start improving. I really don't know what's setting him off so much, it's like the last 2 months he just keeps getting sick, whereas it was much more spread out before and often triggered by his autumn moult.. So idek anymore. He's here now, right next to my desk so he'll see lots of me, seems to be making himself at home, already flopped against my chair so I couldn't move it [emoji38] Idk what to do with him honestly. It's so frustrating not knowing what triggers it for him.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I am glad Atticus is enjoying your care and is starting to eat. With your mom being so nonchalant about providing care to your bunnies, I would not trust her fully with Evelyn, especially if she may have dietary restrictions.
Two theories why more often--Atticus's gi may still have some damage from his prior stasis episodes-especially with his last one where he passed the monster poo; or his good bacteria is out of balance with the bad and it is affecting gi movement. He also did not get his treats regularly so less eating too.
Perhaps a prebiotic would help.
In USA Cisapride is not commercially available, so it must be compounded by a specialized pharmacy who gets the active ingredient and makes pills or liquid to order.
Sending you all vibes.

I am glad Atticus is enjoying your care and is starting to eat. With your mom being so nonchalant about providing care to your bunnies, I would not trust her fully with Evelyn, especially if she may have dietary restrictions.
Two theories why more often--Atticus's gi may still have some damage from his prior stasis episodes-especially with his last one where he passed the monster poo; or his good bacteria is out of balance with the bad and it is affecting gi movement. He also did not get his treats regularly so less eating too.
Perhaps a prebiotic would help.
In USA Cisapride is not commercially available, so it must be compounded by a specialized pharmacy who gets the active ingredient and makes pills or liquid to order.
Sending you all vibes.

Yea I had that thought, tbh she's never looked after Evelyn alone and Idk if I'd ever feel comfortable with that for a lot of reasons, mainly she doesn't ever listen to me, she just does whatever she wants really, even if it's specific things like make sure she gets this at this time roughly etc because she seems to think she knows best :S if it turns out Evelyn has allergies/food intolerances that'll be a hard no mainly because my mum has made me seriously ill from my own too many times over my life for the same thing, and doesn't seem to be able to check ingredients, and I'm not inflicting that on Evelyn [emoji51]

We've tried prebiotics and probiotics everything seems to make him worse, we were using a prebiotic pellet for a while but we've stopped them as I don't think they were making it better in the end.

Atticus is eating and springy again, and all the buns and Pepper are now at the new house :) it's a bit cramped, I had to move the white buns inside which is not ideal for temperature changes I know, but I had no way of getting their hutch over last night late so they're in a bedroom upstairs for now, they're very happy about this ofc [emoji38] they're so sweet I feel like they'd be happy anywhere tbh.

Thanks everyone xx

Yea I had that thought, tbh she's never looked after Evelyn alone and Idk if I'd ever feel comfortable with that for a lot of reasons, mainly she doesn't ever listen to me, she just does whatever she wants really, even if it's specific things like make sure she gets this at this time roughly etc because she seems to think she knows best :S if it turns out Evelyn has allergies/food intolerances that'll be a hard no mainly because my mum has made me seriously ill from my own too many times over my life for the same thing, and doesn't seem to be able to check ingredients, and I'm not inflicting that on Evelyn [emoji51]

We've tried prebiotics and probiotics everything seems to make him worse, we were using a prebiotic pellet for a while but we've stopped them as I don't think they were making it better in the end.

Atticus is eating and springy again, and all the buns and Pepper are now at the new house :) it's a bit cramped, I had to move the white buns inside which is not ideal for temperature changes I know, but I had no way of getting their hutch over last night late so they're in a bedroom upstairs for now, they're very happy about this ofc [emoji38] they're so sweet I feel like they'd be happy anywhere tbh.

Thanks everyone xx

I am glad Atticus responded to the excellent care you provide and is doing well.
You must be exhausted with everything going on in your life.
I hope having your bunnies and pepper with you can reduce your stress.
Sending hugs.

I’m glad that Atticus is ok, and that you have all the furries with you now :love: I hope the move wasn’t too stressful. My mum was always great with my kids, but my MIL was a whole different issue. Went against our wishes and any common sense :roll:

I'm glad Atticus is on the bouncy road to recovery. Sorry I missed the original post. I reckon he's related to Lillian cause she always picks a friday, saturday or sunday to get unwell.
Topping up the vibes for Atticus but he is in exceptionally good care with you. xx

Back