• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can Atticus have some vibes please?

He has had episodes that have taken several days to resolve, so try not to panic. Rich coming from me I know…..

Sending millions more vibes for him x
Yea he just looks worse than usual to me for some reason and his behaviour has changed recently. He also seems in a lot of pain :( x

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Yea he just looks worse than usual to me for some reason and his behaviour has changed recently. He also seems in a lot of pain :( x

:cry:

I assume you have a supply of Buprenorphine ? Sending more vibes for the poor chap x

:cry:

I assume you have a supply of Buprenorphine ? Sending more vibes for the poor chap x
No he can't have it :(

Prior to this episode, he's been trying to hump Clementine a lot, like ridiculous amounts even tho he can barely do it, and he's so unsteady on his back legs.. If it doesn't settle down I'll need to talk to William again :( Clementine is really upset about it too :(

No he can't have it :(

Prior to this episode, he's been trying to hump Clementine a lot, like ridiculous amounts even tho he can barely do it, and he's so unsteady on his back legs.. If it doesn't settle down I'll need to talk to William again :( Clementine is really upset about it too :(

Is he still having the steroids? If so just wondering it they are now effecting his adrenal glands causing a rise in cortisol secretion. Too high cortisol levels can cause lots of issues including muscle wastage/weakness and behavioural changes.

Is he still having the steroids? If so just wondering it they are now effecting his adrenal glands causing a rise in cortisol secretion. Too high cortisol levels can cause lots of issues including muscle wastage/weakness and behavioural changes.

Yep still on them, yea I'm wondering about the adrenal glands thing. Muscle wastage and weakness he had already. But his behavior has definitely changed :(

So sorry Graciee, I really hope that he picks up soon, thinking of you and your boy and sending more vibes xxx

Graciee, if Atticus is having cortisol issues like Jane said, it might be worth asking your vet about lignans...that's what I'm going to give Jenna to bring down her cortisol. (Suspected atypical Cushings) Not sure if bunnies can have it but the flaxseed type is supposed to keep the gut healthy too.

Sending more healing vibes for dear Atticus. xxxxx

I'm sorry he is still so poorly with new worrying behavioural stuff. Topping up the vibes for everybun xx

Sending a lot more vibes for Atticus today. I'm really sorry he's not behaving like his usual self, and that all the humping is of course upsetting Clemetine, too. :(

Thanks everyone, still no real change :( bit of output but not what I'm expecting/hoping to see yet :( xx

Back