• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any spare vibes? U/D: Back from the vets

Back

Just came back about half an hour ago, everything went well, Boris was as good as gold :love: Obviously very disapproving right now and still pretty stressed out, but I'm going to try to tempt him with some of his favourite foods later to see if that makes him happier. The vet examined him pretty thoroughly but did not think blood samples and x-rays would be needed right now. She couldn't actually hear anything abnormal in his lungs and heart except for the breathing being obviously laboured, she checked his temperature as well which was normal, she was still unable to set a diagnosis but she did say that at this point it looks a lot like pasteurella in which case we are lucky if we can ever get rid of it properly :( Obviously that's still something that's managable as opposed to the other possibilities (tumours etc.) so it wouldn't be the end of the world. We were given some Baytril (tablet form) which he'll be having once a day for 10 days. So now all we can do is hope and pray that he'll respond well to this and maybe even stay well after the treatment has ended :) I don't dare get my hopes up though, I've done that so many times and ended up heartbroken :( But I'm certainly glad that it's over with and that he behaved so well while being examined :love: Not to mention the fact that he was licking me the whole time :')

Just came back about half an hour ago, everything went well, Boris was as good as gold :love: Obviously very disapproving right now and still pretty stressed out, but I'm going to try to tempt him with some of his favourite foods later to see if that makes him happier. The vet examined him pretty thoroughly but did not think blood samples and x-rays would be needed right now. She couldn't actually hear anything abnormal in his lungs and heart except for the breathing being obviously laboured, she checked his temperature as well which was normal, she was still unable to set a diagnosis but she did say that at this point it looks a lot like pasteurella in which case we are lucky if we can ever get rid of it properly :( Obviously that's still something that's managable as opposed to the other possibilities (tumours etc.) so it wouldn't be the end of the world. We were given some Baytril (tablet form) which he'll be having once a day for 10 days. So now all we can do is hope and pray that he'll respond well to this and maybe even stay well after the treatment has ended :) I don't dare get my hopes up though, I've done that so many times and ended up heartbroken :( But I'm certainly glad that it's over with and that he behaved so well while being examined :love: Not to mention the fact that he was licking me the whole time :')

This is going to sound odd, but thats brilliant news in comparison to what you were looking at.

I'm so pleased it went well :love:

Can we get a picture of Boris, so we can see this brave little man?

Glad it went smoothly after all and that he's being so good about it. I hope this stuff works for him :)

Here's a picture of my brave little man :) I know he's strong enough to fight this whatever it is, and I'm not giving up on him until he tells me he wants to move on. I love him so so much :love: Thanks for all of your support, it means a lot to me :)

Here's a picture of my brave little man :) I know he's strong enough to fight this whatever it is, and I'm not giving up on him until he tells me he wants to move on. I love him so so much :love: Thanks for all of your support, it means a lot to me :)

:love:

He is gorgeous, looks very contented with life :)

Well doen for fighting alongside him.

He looks slightly more disapproving right now, but I heard him nibble some treats just now so I think he'll be ok :) Giving him some Baytril later tonight, most likely in a piece of banana (his favourite treat). I hope little Ginger continues to do well too :)

Oh, isn't he lovely? He looks so calm there.

Boris says "fank yoo", but would also like to point out that "I iz gorgeouz and I knowz it" :roll::lol:

He just had his first dosage of Baytril! And has been reunited with his wifeybun (kept them seperate for a while until he had calmed down) :love:

Back