• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Amber needs vibes.

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
A little while ago I noticed Amber, my lionhead, did not run for her pellets. She was sitting in one place not wanting to move around so I picked her up. Her tummy is very full. Spouse has been doing morning and night clean outs, feedings since my surgery, and he says she ate her morning pellets. He said they were shedding more than usual too. At 3:30 she woke up when I offered some pellets and she let me pet her before backing away. She and Zorro make poo that looks identical, so not sure if she had output. I hate to have to separate them after cleaning their litterbox to see if she has output. They have such a lovely bond..
I just gave her some Medicam and syringed a little water. I may need to start sub q fluids tonight.
Tomorrow is vet's surgery day so I do not know if she can be seen for a glucose test to see if I can begin motility meds and/or syringe feeds. I wish I was skilled like Jane and could do it myself.
I do not have any greens left in the refrigerator and it is too late to go to the store tonight.
We will try to entice her with softer hay.
Please send vibes. After losing Raven I do not trust myself to do the right thing.

Sending eating and pooping vibes for Amber and supportive hugs for you. You take excellent care of your bunnies. Please be kind to yourself, you are still recovering from major surgery that most of us would struggle with. (((((((Huge hugs))))))))

I hope your lovely girl will be feeling more herself soon. xxxxx

Sending eating and pooping vibes for Amber and supportive hugs for you. You take excellent care of your bunnies. Please be kind to yourself, you are still recovering from major surgery that most of us would struggle with. (((((((Huge hugs))))))))

I hope your lovely girl will be feeling more herself soon. xxxxx
Thank you. It means a lot coming from you. I may get out the fluids and needles so it is ready if my spouse is up to helping me tonight.

Thank you KCG and Omi.
I gave her fluids a couple hours ago and she was very good. Spouse was nearby, yet I was able to (too) easily pick her up to put on my lap and she sat so nice both hands were free to give fluids. Spouse was nearby in case I needed help.
Amber washed a lot after getting fluids and I saw her eating a tiny piece of stray hay.
She just ate a few pellets a few minutes ago, so I hope it means she will continue to improve overnight.
Before cleaning the litterbox, I saw it had a few poo with fur Since it is emptied in the morning too, they had to be from Monday. I still do not know who made the fresh poo in the litterbox.

I'm sorry Amber isn't feeling so well. Poor girl. I'm glad she's eaten a little bit, at least. I hope you can get her seen by the vet even though it'll be surgery day, and that she'll start eating a bit more. I agree with MM that you take excellent care of your bunny family, so I'm sorry you're having such a hard time feeling you can trust yourself to do the right thing. I would absolutely trust you to do the right thing for your bunnies. You're always so good with them. Sending hugs for you and lots of vibes for Amber.

Thank you KCG and Omi.
I gave her fluids a couple hours ago and she was very good. Spouse was nearby, yet I was able to (too) easily pick her up to put on my lap and she sat so nice both hands were free to give fluids. Spouse was nearby in case I needed help.
Amber washed a lot after getting fluids and I saw her eating a tiny piece of stray hay.
She just ate a few pellets a few minutes ago, so I hope it means she will continue to improve overnight.
Before cleaning the litterbox, I saw it had a few poo with fur Since it is emptied in the morning too, they had to be from Monday. I still do not know who made the fresh poo in the litterbox.
At least that's a good signal. I hope Amber's gut stasis will be completely resolved soon and you can get through these difficult days easily 🩷🩷🩷

Babsie, Inspector Morse, A Reader of Books, Pets mum,

Thank you for the vibes and kind words.

This morning she came running when my spouse gave Amber and Zorro their morning treat pellets. She just ran to me when I rattled a few pellets in bowl. I also checked their poos and while they are almost the same, some are a tiny amount darker, so it looks like she passed poos. I am so relieved.

I will call vet after my physio to see if I should give her motility meds to keep things moving, along with sub q fluids and medicam.

Even though my surgery has me using a cane or walker, I need to find a way to pick them up for cuddles and grooming.

Thank you MimzMum, All,

I appreciate the positive vibes and boost to my confidence from all my RU friends.

When I got back from physio she was much more active and she ran for a few pellets so I chose not to stress her with trying to get an urgent vet visit on surgery day..

My nephew came here after work to help me with yard work, and after we ate dinner he delivered Amber to my lap for some grooming. She had her normal amount of loose fur, and when it was Zorro's turn for grooming it was the same. Amber got some sub Q fluids and some medicam.

Amber will be monitored closely and I hope she will not have a relapse.

Amber and Zorro say hello after grooming Zorro is more blonde.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0498.jpeg
    IMG_0498.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0484.jpeg
    IMG_0484.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0454.jpeg
    IMG_0454.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0476.jpeg
    IMG_0476.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Love
Reactions: KCG
I'm so glad that Amber is more active and has more of an appetite. Sending vibes she keeps feeling better.

Hi, Amber and Zorro! Aw, it's so lovely to see them. ❤️ They're both really adorable, and so fluffy! And they do look really well-groomed, too. 🥰

Oh my goodness...Tribbles! 🥰🥰🥰🥰
How adorable are they? I'm so glad your nephew was able to help you out with their grooming. 🙂

Hoping you're feeling okay after your physio. ❤️❤️

aww sorry i'm late to your thread but happy to see Amber is feeling better now. They are very beautiful bunnies ❤️

Back