• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am worried about Teddy and Dreamer

Apart from the recurring snotty noses, are they seemeing OK in themselves? I think you are very sensible in wanting to look into a problem that keeps coming back. Hope it's nothing serious though - they are such gorgeous buns. :love:

Oh yeh they are always fine in themselves, running round getting into mischief :lol:

Bluebell perseistently has a wet nose - most the time it is clear. His chest is always clear and he is normally his usual self. My vet isn't worried about it to much as is very reluctant to perscribe antibiotics when its like this because he's worried he'll build a resistance to them. Summer is always much worse and vet is now convinced its allergy related. We tried him on piriton this year as it was all getting a bit much for him and he seemed out of sorts. It really helped. Typically as I've been poorly myself Bluebell decided to get ill and mucus was very thick this time around he is on antibiotics. He's had this on and off for years and it hasn't got any worse so I wouldn't worry about Teddy and Dreamer getting worse too much.

I have been giving bluebell enchinea in his water to help boost his immune system and it has helped so maybe you could try that?

Bluebell perseistently has a wet nose - most the time it is clear. His chest is always clear and he is normally his usual self. My vet isn't worried about it to much as is very reluctant to perscribe antibiotics when its like this because he's worried he'll build a resistance to them. Summer is always much worse and vet is now convinced its allergy related. We tried him on piriton this year as it was all getting a bit much for him and he seemed out of sorts. It really helped. Typically as I've been poorly myself Bluebell decided to get ill and mucus was very thick this time around he is on antibiotics. He's had this on and off for years and it hasn't got any worse so I wouldn't worry about Teddy and Dreamer getting worse too much.

I have been giving bluebell enchinea in his water to help boost his immune system and it has helped so maybe you could try that?

Im putting probiotic in their water but thats a good idea thanks :)

Dandy gets a snotty nose as soon as the weather gets damp and wet he gets treated with septrim and it clears up The vet said it is pastrella virus and hes probably always had it

lavender, mint, blackberry leaves, echinachia in the water i use for doc antibiotics just no longer work for doc now

his sneezing fits are worse in the winter only because hes an indoor bunny and heating does effect noses, his cheast *so far has been fine *

of course id be more inclinded to go with advise and expeirence of others and go back to your vet, and try another antibiotic

my vet doesnt use baytril so much now either

My vets said they always start with baytril. Ive now got a bun on Ronaxon tablets every day which I crush into water & syringe feed. Im sure her problems started when I bought a bag of very dusty hay. Never bought it again

Have your vets tried something like Bisolvon alongside the Baytril?
Our Dill had what seemed to be recurrent snotty nose/sneezing, and the last few times we just used the Bisolvon (I think it's a bit like a decongestant?) without the Baytril & it resolved the problem. Touch wood he's not suffered again for over 6 months after being on and off with it all last winter.

Have your vets tried something like Bisolvon alongside the Baytril?
Our Dill had what seemed to be recurrent snotty nose/sneezing, and the last few times we just used the Bisolvon (I think it's a bit like a decongestant?) without the Baytril & it resolved the problem. Touch wood he's not suffered again for over 6 months after being on and off with it all last winter.

No i could ask for that next time? His nose was clear the next morning, they are both fine at the moment, thats why i find it so confusing.

Back